1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey should be fired according to Kobe

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Feb 26, 2012.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Hey look at you trying to change the point again!

Your logic is that GMs should be fired if they let talent walk.

I ask you the question, should every GM in the NBA be fired? Yes or no?

You couldn't even answer this one simple question. This was what you have been arguing and yet you still haven't answered the question.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

what, answer the question instead of trying to bait and switch? Everyone is eagerly awaiting!

3. what

what Member

if they let jeremy lin walk yes, they should be fired. If they take a scrub like Marcus Morris over Kawhi Leonard yes they should be looked at with extreme scrutiny.

but my point was never about firing a gm. i feel that wallace needs to be fired for multiple reasons; lowry giveaway is only one reason.

it says something about the lengths that a rockets fan will go through to prove that they are right when after I answer your question about wallace, you have to frame it to include EVERY GM of EVERY team, but I'm the one who is changing points?

to answer your question once and for all, many gms do need to be fired. but not because they fail once, it's their track record of success. What you continue to fail to see is the magnitude of Kawhi Leonard and Lin set your franchise back for a LONG while, and that's why more needs to be fired, because he don't have a clue.

4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

What?

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Nope, I didn't put words in your mouth. I put together your logic from your posts.

When a poster questioned Kobe's logic, you said it was stupid.

This is also what you said.

All signs point towards you agreeing with Kobe's statement, or at least Kobe's logic. That is, GMs who passed on Lin should be fired.

And The magnitude of Lin and Leonard setting us back? Are you this stupid?

Do you know how much the Thunder is set back by trading Carl Landry for nothing? The guy who is now a legitimate post scorer that the Thunder is sorely lacking? The guy who has averaged 18/7 at over 50FG%?

Do you know how bad the Spurs were set back for trading away Scola, the guy who averaged 18/8/3 on 50FG% who could relieve the scoring pressure from Duncan, Parker and Ginobli?

Do you know how badly the Pacers were set back by not drafting all-star PG and near all-star PG in Rondo and Lowry, opting to draft Shawne Williams (who?) instead?

6. what

what Member

go back and look.

did i bring up once about being fired? no that was flameout. i just agreed with him that wallace should be fired, and that i supposed to him implicated me that i said it. lol

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Chris Wallace is the reason Memphis is relevant. WTF? The guy has taken a team which was going down the ****ter and built them into a force.

Lol @ people acting as if Kawhai Leonard is a star.

8. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

your *****ting me right????

Parsons is just as good if not better than leonard.
    lowry>>>Lin
    and how about you let marcus morris get some minutes before labeling him a bust

9. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index...t-jeremy-lin/76e50560a90c063a22ce05c910914df2

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Rockets have two pretty good point guards so not keeping Lin isn't as big of a deal as people are making it.

12. TheresTheDagger

[​IMG]

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

For 1 thing, Jeremy is American and I doubt he's set foot in the country of China as of yet. :rolleyes:

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Kobe is just mad that he's got scrub pgs on his team and knew that this kid could have been a Laker helping him win and possibly achieve that 6 and maybe final ring. I don't blame him. Lin was up for grabs at one point and was even there for the Lakers...

15. r0Xsh0w

r0Xsh0w Member

ZING!:grin:

16. alethios

alethios Member

He's Taiwanese American and his family lives in Taiwan.

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/26/s...hares-lins-achievement.html?pagewanted=4&_r=1

The Lin family lives in Palo Alto, California.

18. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

and taiwan is part of china

19. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

This x 1,000.

What do the Lakers need most? A point guard.

Who could they have gotten once the Rockets released him? Jeremy Lin.

Why didn't they? Because they failed, just like every other GM in the NBA. The Knicks were about to release him, too, if you recall.

20. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Were people criticizing Morey this much last year when Patterson didn't play?