1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I voted for Obama because he's black"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Feb 13, 2012.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

But it actually hurts black employees. What did Crane say, you don't want to hire a black employee because you can't fire them. That's a horrible statement but there are business owners that think that, which hurts black employees applying for a job. An application should be color blind, and employers should be free to fire employees without fear of going to court.

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I suspect many would argue that if those responsible for hiring were colorblind, affirmative action in the workplace would be unnecessary.

3. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Really really bad example. Not apples to apples (more like apples to bread). We're talking about a specific group of people set back due to discrimination. That doesn't apply to the example you used.

Also, a famine is not man-made issue. It's a natural disaster and nature doesn't discriminate.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You guys really need to read a book. These statements make you look like dolts.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

And this was what I was shooting down

6. AbbasNasib

AbbasNasib Member

I'm normally a peaceful man, but today I have taken the bait.

Bigtexxx and RocketRaccoon. As long as YOUR KIND exist, there will never be peace and equality in this country. YOUR KIND is the reason that many African Americans hate white people.

And by saying "YOUR KIND" I intended it to be as derogatory as you are willing to interpret.

With that said... Good luck to you on your journeys, and may your LIGHT guide you safely to your destination.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'd be curious to see the last successful racial discrimination suits in America.
    I'd be curious to see how prevalent they are and how many make it to trial.

Not saying they don't happen . . but I would be interested to see the actual numbers . . .

Rocket River

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Please point out what I said that was racist. thanks in advance.

I'll be the bigger man and not reply with personal insults like you resorted to.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

400 years of slavery, oppression, being denied equal education and access etc. is different than recovering from a famine in 50 years.

1 person likes this.
  10. AbbasNasib

AbbasNasib Member

I'd rather not. I've vented and am better now.

Good day.

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Bigtexxx is hapa haole?!?!? Holy crap Bigtexxx, lets party, island style!

Oh, you mean politics...so tell me, AbbasNasib, where is the equality when one of your members think that blacks have a right to be racist? Where do you think peace will come from if the govenment favors one group of people over the other?

12. AbbasNasib

AbbasNasib Member

Precisely!

13. bigtexxx

because you have nothing to base your personal insults on.

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Well, there is that whole 10 years of posting trash here but don't let that get in your way.

carry on...

15. bigtexxx

you have nothing either. Your evidence is not specific. Therefore you have nothing.

16. jonjon

jonjon Contributing Member

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the ridiculous premise of 'Reverse Racism'.

"A cancer is an invasion of the body's equilibrium, and so is chemotherapy; but we do not decline to fight the disease because the medicine we employ is also disruptive of normal functioning. Strong illness, strong remedy: the formula is as appropriate to the health of the body politic as it is to that of the body proper."

"At this point someone will always say, "But two wrongs don't make a right; if it was wrong to treat blacks unfairly, it is wrong to give blacks preference and thereby treat whites unfairly." This objection is just another version of the forgetting and rewriting of history. The work is done by the adverb "unfairly," which suggests two more or less equal parties, one of whom has been unjustly penalized by an incompetent umpire. But blacks have not simply been treated unfairly; they have been subjected first to decades of slavery, and then to decades of second-class citizenship, widespread legalized discrimination, economic persecution, educational deprivation, and cultural stigmatization. They have been bought, sold, killed, beaten, raped, excluded, exploited, shamed, and scorned for a very long time. The word "unfair" is hardly an adequate description of their experience, and the belated gift of "fairness" in the form of a resolution no longer to discriminate against them legally is hardly an adequate remedy for the deep disadvantages that the prior discrimination has produced. When the deck is stacked against you in more ways than you can even count, it is small consolation to hear that you are now free to enter the game and take your chances."

- Stanley Fish (1993)​

17. bigtexxx

oopsie

wrong account

I smell a banning

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

LOL. Jonjon, I see what you did there.

Nice try though.

Anyway, I'm done with you or who ever you are. And next time, don't offer anybody a peaceful journey if you really think the world would be better if they didn't exist...just not very believable.

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

All you do is attack ...You're not looking to solve any problems you've brought to the forefront.... And those problems you've brought are actually YOUR problem , not a social problem..... So we have nothing because you give us nothing.... But like I've stated , if you support anything for a cause, then to me that doesn't make you a racist... But the difference is.. You attempt to **** on a race in order to make your point...

20. bigtexxx

How have I **** on a race? What does **** even stand for?

Your post looks to be the one on the attack.

Time to check yourself