1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC on Fox 2] Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KingCheetah, Dec 2, 2011.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

All 3 fights had grapplers aside from Bisping but we all knew that Sonnen would turn it into a grappling match. They should've thrown a striking vs striker match or 2 in there. I think Condit vs Diaz would've been great bu then again Diaz is kind of unpredictable. Shogun vs Hendo on FOX would've been nuts and had the potential to turn so many heads, but they blew it.

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Sonnen should at least stop acting like....whatever it is he acts like.

He barely won a fight a sloppy fight, and still said what he said in the post fight interveiw.

Man, I hope Anderson kicks his ****ing face off.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Jesus H.Christ. Sonnen won the decision. You can say it was a close fight because it was but to act like Bisping definitely won is straight biased, r****ded bull****.

And Joe Rogaine needs to get off Bisping's pole. Even my girlfriend asked if Rogaine and Bisping were best buds based on how he was calling the fight

Sonnen won and you should all be happy. He will give Anderson way more fight than Bisping ever can. Bisping is at the top of the second tier fighters at 185lb and has no business fighting anyone in the top tier. Dan Henderson proved that.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol I didn't know this until someone posted it on mixedmartialarts.com but Chael was paying homage to Superstar Billy Graham.... here you go...

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IHDd1xb-09U&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IHDd1xb-09U&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XHXxLfvWdEA&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XHXxLfvWdEA&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah I agree. I think they did a bad job at putting potentially exciting fights on this card. They have to figure out some way to get undercard fights shown on the national stage if there is a bad ass fight on the undercard.

The next UFC on Fox has Nate Diaz v Jim Miller booked.....EDIT....I thought Kampmann v Alves was rumored for UFC on Fox 3 but I was just wrong. Either way...Nate v Jim should be a good fight.

#65 robbie380, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  6. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

It's going to be a great year for MMA... a ton of damn good fights on the horizon:

Condit v. Diaz (GSP v. winner)
    Rashad v. Bones
    Anderson v. Sonnen II
    Overeem v. JDS

Also, I'd really like to see Aldo v. Cruz. Maybe Dom moves up to 145... would make for an ideal FOX headliner just based on ridiculous pace/non-stop action + very appealing to Brazilian/Mexican demographic. Aldo v. Edgar another possibility...

#66 MourningWood, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Just curious...but shouldn't Dana just STFU regarding any judged decision? If the fights aren't turning out the way he wants (or the way HE sees it), shouldn't he just become the all-encompassed UFC judge-king? I know he has to defer judging to whatever state sports commission that has jurisdiction over the matches...but doesn't he hang himself out looking like he's picking favorites when he criticizes the judges in this manner?

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Uneventful for casual fans. But I'm sure they pulled in a good rating.

9. ChrisBC07

ChrisBC07 Member

I am very excited for Silva vs. Sonnen 2. Spider is the man, no doubt. But Sonnen will give him(another) run for his money. The outcome will be very interesting.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I stopped caring about what Dana White says because he's hot headed, a promoter and Lies a lot, a lot.