1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SheridanHoops suggests Amare To Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jan 27, 2012.

?

Would you trade Scola, Dragic and NYK's 1st rounder for Amar'e Stoudemire?

1. YES

218 vote(s)
    60.6%
  2. NO

142 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. alethios

alethios Member

LOL, the Knicks fans tend to agree (read the comments of the post):

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Where can I sign up for this?

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Best trade ever, I take it in a heartbeat

That Knicks pick will be at most a 13th or 14th pick anyways.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think back to when we had McGrady and Yao, both injury prone players with near 20 million dollar salaries. Sure it sucks when they are injured but when healthy, it was fun to feel relevant.

Half of his salary is a sunk cost in Scola. Scola will decline, but with Amare you are younger going forward.

I think its a solid move. I think if you make that deal and make a play for Wallace/Batum in the offseason and you have a contender most likely.

Lowry / (Llull)
    Martin / Lee
    Wallace / Parsons
    Amare / Patterson
    Dalembert / D-Mo

5. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Do not want that ridiculous contract..

6. alethios

alethios Member

No matter what, we always have the 14th spot locked up.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Love Scola, but, yes, you have to do that deal; Rockets would become a contender overnight. Amare as PF, Dalembert as Center, Parsons at SF. That is an "everything" front line. Offense, defense, everything. And you keep Martin, Lowry, and Lee. Rock and Roll, let's beat up some people.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'd only do it if it was a 3-way trade, sending Amar'e to the fools---oops, the GMs and owners---willing to bet the man won't break off at the knees the next time he sneezes. Even then, I don't know who we'd end up with in such a hypothetical, so....

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If Amare keeps up this production, how much is his contract overpaying him, if any?

I'm sure there's a risk. But at the age of 29, it's not crazy to think that he can be an elite scorer for another 4 years.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Wow, two out of three ClutchFans think this is a good trade. This thread is like watching a jumbo jet full of ClutchFans crash into the side of a mountain. Don't get on that plane.

11. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I'd actually be willing to give up even more for Amare, if need be. A Scola/Martin package would not be crippling, if it meant Amare.

Amare has shown, on a more consistent basis, to be capable of being a #1 option than Pau - who we were presenting the Scola/Martin package for, and he's also 2 years younger. We'd be giving up 2 quality offensive options who are also defensive liabilities for a legit offensive option. He isn't a good defender, but we'd be able to surround him with defensive players. Throw in Morris and Flynn to finish it.

Dalembert/Hill
    Stoudemire/Patterson
    Parsons/Budinger
    Lee/Williams
    Lowry/Dragic

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Wow.

Pau is the superior player, especially for what we are trying to accomplish.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Pass on Amare... too much injury potential. I'd rather see what DM can do with the capspace... this will be the first offseason DM is gonna have substantial capspace to play with. If he doesnt produce something for us this offseason, then I'd consider an overpaid, getting older, injury possible player like Amare... same thought regarding Pau Gasol (less the injuries)...

I think something no one has considered, is with this amount of capspace... how much is DM gonna drive up the price for other teams to retain their RFAs? ;)

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

No it won't. If the Knicks don't make the playoffs in the east it will be because they have a pretty bad record. Picks 13 and 14 are actually two picks that we are very unlikely to get from the Knicks. A 9th or 10th seed team usually has a worst record than 2-4 west teams. Right now if the season ended their pick would be number 10. Odds are we are either getting pick 15 or higher from them or a top 10 pick.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I agree a NO brainer. Where's your cap space for Howard? What players might be lured to TheToyShop to play with Stat? Yes, NO brainer.

16. MONON

MONON Member

Amare's knees, the size of his contract, the contract being uninsured & the NY's 1st round pick are the reasons I said no to the trade. If NY doesn't make the playoffs, their pick will be a top 10 pick. Right now, Cleveland, Minn., Memphis & Houston wouldn't make the playoffs & have better records than NY. Golden St. & Phoenix are a half game behind NY.

17. Bigdaddy210121

Yes..A'mare can lure other peeps here...esp if he can regain what he was in PHX..playing with Lowry..i thinking he could get close..

..what is the point of having all these assets to make a trade for big someone if we never do it..if it fails then fine..it failed and we move on..but im tired of being stuck around the 500 mark the last few years..

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Amare has a horrible contract and is an injury waiting to happen. Pass.

19. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Amare is not that much of an upgrade over Scola on the offensive end, and defensively he might even be worst than Scola.

Scola is tough, durable, doesn't complain or cause problems and has an awesome post game. You know what you're getting from Scola, and you'll know he'll bring it every night.

Amare is brittle, whines alot on and off the court, has questionable heart, and has a terrible contract. Not a big fan of his game either, alot of permiter shots and shooting over people, Patterson can do that.

If we're going trade away Scola, Landry & Hayes better be on their way back.

1 person likes this.
  20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I floated the following random trade proposal in an earlier thread, with the overwhelming response to avoid STAT like the plague:

Wonder if it keeps going this bad in NY, if the Knicks might let STAT go to us for our collection of expiring contracts (after we don't pick up any options on the 09 draft busts), and their pick back. Although this is a lopsided trade in terms of talent, it is not as crazy as it sounds, considering: 1) STAT's uninsurable knees, and 2) NY is back in the game to make a run at Deron or Dwight this summer.

We could run STAT at PF, and bring Scola off the bench. I think he would flourish here. If he stays healthy, that is. Remember that Morey supposedly previously tried to trade for him.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=214220