1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 BCS National Championship: (1) LSU vs. (2) Alabama

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 4, 2011.

?

Who do you think will win this matchup?

1. LSU

56.4%
  2. Alabama

43.6%
  1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

This is true. In all of the multisport standings and stuff, the BCS national championship doesn't count. There is a legit NCAA D1 Champion in football that does count, though. This year, it's North Dakota State.

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

It seems like alabama just claims a title if they were declared champion in any poll lol if texas were to do that texas would have 16 titles..oklahoma 18 i believe. The reason i hate bama fans (i have no problem with bama, i dont think they deserved to play for the title but im glad they won it) but the reason i hate bama fans is bc instead of boasting about the 6 legitimate titles, which still makes bama a beast, they wanna run around like douches and claim all these mythical titles lol just keep it real. I swear if they found a cross buried in ttown they would tell you jesus played for them.

but do you, congratulations on your 83 championship rings lol

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I won the national championship for the past 7 years. I just read it. Sure, I wrote it a few minutes ago on a piece of paper, but someone wrote it...

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I feel ya.

I think every teams title from way back in the day is bull****.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Simply put

- 2 teams who truly EARNED their way to the game from DIRECTLY beating the competition.

- SEC/big conference enTITLEment the NC game where they can play to a 6 -3 score. EVERY year. The road PAVED for them and we are to HAPPILY oblige that.

Gala and pageantry is nice but lets get some true champions through playoffs, this isnt hard.

6. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Keep in mind also that they use to award National Championships BEFORE bowl games were played.

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

bcs is controversial but sometimes they get it right, before the bcs, my thing is you shouldnt claim a title if you lost your bowl game or you know there was someone better, that being said bama is by no means not a top 3 school of all time championship wise, the years where they were just monsters and crushed everybody, claim those titles all day but not 14, come on lol

my sister is a die hard bama fan...and even shes a douche about it haha