1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game thread: Bayou Bucket Defending Champion Rice Owls vs. Houston Cougars

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by bigtexxx, Oct 23, 2011.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

I revised it, because I don't want to put down any other schools, but that is my take on UH. For years it has had the largest percentage of international students of any school in Texas; I suspect that is still so. I had professors from all over the world, most were widely published, very impressive. I have attended several schools in Texas and elsewhere (three degrees) and was very impressed with the academics at UH. First rate. That is why all the put downs don't make sense to me.

2. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I wonder why Rice even bothers to field a team? Does the school get tax breaks? Surely, with all the "brain" trust they could figure out this football thing is not for them. One bowl game in 2 decades or something like that.
    Whatever happen to that McCuffie kid that can jump over defenders?

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

bwaahaahahhahahahahahahah

4. The Drake

The Drake Member

He was injured against Tulsa last week.

5. AFS

AFS Member

Looks like UH is gonna be the top ranked team in Texas after this weekend.

1 person likes this.
  6. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Are you okay, brah??

You've been silent for awhile.

2011 City Champs, brah!

2011 Bayou Bucket Champs, brah!

Won the last two of three, brah!

No. 13 BCS, brah!

I don't know anyone from rice, but the best part of this week has been watching rice db's getting their undies torched on highlights ALL week while laying flat on the ground and looking up to mighty Houston.

#PerspectiveBrah

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Wrong. Sam Houston is up to #5 in the Coaches Poll*

*The FCS Coaches Poll

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Klein Collins vs Tomball will be broadcast live on www.foxsportshouston.com. on Thursday at 7 pm..Afterwards, it will be archived on www.legacysportsnetwork.com on the vault tab.

Rice alum gets to see their future starting QB in Klein Collin's Tyler Sterhig... The kid is 6'6 225 with a strong arm... Though they run "wildcat" nauseaously, he does throw the ball about 15-20 times per game.... His a good ,smart kid that used to make summer money cutting yards(including mine) ... He was featured in the Houston Chronicle at the beginning of the season... They were ranked #1 in Houston before the season, but have lost 2 games... They went to the regional semi-s last year, but I think they are a well oiled machine, ready to win state....