1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game thread: Bayou Bucket Defending Champion Rice Owls vs. Houston Cougars

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by bigtexxx, Oct 23, 2011.

1. DreamRoxCoogFan

the best part of the night? flipping back and forth between the UH and Rice radio broadcasts at the end and hearing how each side was taking it. Rice started complaining about the score. They also were trying real hard to somehow find a moral victory in all this. Brilliant.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lol, 70+ points... ouch!

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Scoreboard

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

I have been hard on the UH defense all season , but minus a few critical mistakes they played pretty well. They spend a lot of time on the field. The offense is another story; my word, they are all world. I think that they could ring up 30 or 40 on LSU. Holding LSU from rolling up a bunch would be the problem. I would like to see UH up against some top tier competition, would be interesting.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

9 tds for Case Keenum.

Just step back and think about that.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Edwards: 7 reps for 318 yds and 5 TDs -- is this real or a dream?

7. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

How does you butt feel, BRAH!

9 TD'S, BRAH!

CITY CHAMPS, BRAH!

BAYOU BUCKET CHAMPS, BRAH!

We've won the last two of three, BRAH!

PWND. PWN3. OWNED. PAWNED. BRAH!

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I note your notation, followed by a superfluous noted.

Noted.

#168 SamFisher, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  9. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

10. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Coogs just scored again!

11. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Ya'll bigtexxx is right. I mean we only won by 39 points....clearly they would have won if they hadn't suffered some key injuries, and if our field was somehow maintained better, after all Robertson is the only College Football venue where weather can play a factor. And the sloppy field was sooooo much of a disadvantage to all the middle runs from their Wild Owl formation....and it benefited our track star recievers.

Case Keenum gives us a totally unfair advantage, the NCAA giving him extra eligibility due to a horriffic injury. I mean whats up with that...that NEVER happens. He is probably a 5th round draft choice in the NFL, how can Rice be expected to compete with that.

Rice also makes NO EXCEPTIONS whatsoever with their rigorous academic requirements for student athletes (Why you should see Lance Berkman's innovations in quantum physics, they are game-changers).

In seriousness, I wish we had pulled Keenum a little earlier. Having him play even 5 minutes in the 4th quarter against the Owls is an embarrassment, but we need to put up gaudy numbers for pollsters and Heisman voters.

And yes our schedule sucks, congrats Owls on consistently retaining your "no threat whatsoever" level of excellence that makes Big 12 teams willing to play you.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Even God and his pathetic rainstorm ultimately proved no match for the Cougar offense.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I love the tags.

Big Texxx?

14. bcast89

bcast89 Member

"Whipped" in the first quarter? Are you kidding me? If that's the case (no pun intended), then we straight demolished Rice off the face of the Earth. And maybe we were quiet in the first quarter because a lot of us, like myself, were actually at the game, still cheering when things looked like they were headed for disaster.

15. The Drake

The Drake Member

Watched the first half, followed the 2nd via gametracker.

Things went about how I expected, with Rice getting some points, but UH getting a lot more. Having the lead for the first 20-ish minutes was a nice little surprise, but it was clear that it wasn't going to be sustainable.

Congrats to the Coogs on the win, Case on his record (shout-out to Kevin Klotz for making it happen!), and the majority of the board on a victory over texxx ;)

2 people like this.
  16. AFS

AFS Member

There's truth in this.

17. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

some punk was wearing a rice shirt in the student section today; upon first glance, he literally reminded me of a poop i once took. just thought i would share that with y'all

robertson was amazing tonight! really glad the seats were filled despite the weather and it being a thursday night game. GO COOGS!

18. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Yeah I saw that, what a punk.

The Rice section had like 10 people, smh. LOL

I stayed for the 1st half, got soaked but who cares!

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lol 9 tds, ridiculous

20. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

that game was fun as hell. we did really bad when it was raining for some reason, and they were on point. but it was still a blowout. I'm going to have a cold and a sore throat but it was well worth it.

go coogs!