1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2011 NFL Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Jul 25, 2011.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I will donate 20 bucks worth of Shiner Bock to my ****in liver.

2. raj87

raj87 Member

Buffalo WR Lee Evans teaded to Baltimore.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Dre: "Yo Bob, about that last extension I signed...."

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

He is the face of their entire franchise... he is their peyton manning, their tom brady... and they want to pair him with Kolb through the end of his career. I gotta hand it to them, they're putting their money where their mouth is. I wonder how the deal is structured, i.e. how much will he be making when he's 34-35 years old.

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I read that the last six seasons are worth $17 million each.

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Kerry Collins goes out of retirement and signs with the Colts.
    are they worried that Manning is not ready for the first games?

9. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

I'm going to tell you what, this MEANS Texans are in the playoffs for sure.

Reason being, even if Peyton is playing, Colts aren't the same Colts of old. If Peyton plays, they'll finished 2nd in the AFC South with a record of 9-7. If he misses any more then 2 games, then they will be 5-11 at best.

I think the Jags and Titans will be very close to each other. Im predicting the Jags at 6-10 and the Titans at 5-11.

This is the year for the Texans. However, I do see a loss in their first playoff game.

10. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Jim Irsay finally admitted the other day that they are starting to prepare for the possibility that Manning won't be ready to go on opening day. For the longest time, everyone with the Colts was feeding us the company line of "He'll be fine. It's Peyton. He never misses games....blah blah blah."

Quite frankly, I think I would sit him in at least the opener if I were the Colts. They can rebound from an opening week loss to the Texans to still make the playoffs, but given what they have behind him at QB, they can't afford to rush him back and lose him for a significant period of time because he re-aggravated his neck injury.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

IMO, there is no reason to think the Jags are done. And all the Titans need is Hasselback to fit in.

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

SEE: Chris Johnson Holdout.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The Jags created a QB controversy when they drafted Blaine Gabbert, and Garrard hasn't exactly been brimming with confidence before this. Also, MJD is primed for a down year after basically all but carrying that team for the last 4+ seasons. They acquired some nice pieces on defense, but in a division with the likes of Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Kenny Britt, you have to be able to stop the pass. Bringing in a run-stuffing safety, and an inside linebacker doesn't really do that for you. I think the Jags are going to fight it out with Indy for the second best record in the division, but ultimately end up around 8-8.

As far as Tennessee.....yikes. A new coach, with a new scheme, trying to get a new QB (who is older than Merlin's beard) integrated into a new offense, without their best running back taking reps?? The Titans could be headed to a disastrous start to the season. They will probably end up around 5-11 or so, but I see them going 2-4 in the division at best.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I wouldnt say the Colts are done for winning the division.
    the superbowl is in Indianapolis this year, so they would play better to get it there. If Peyton losses 3 games, they are done, unless all the rest of the division fails, like last season, Jacksonville had a really good chance to win the division, but failed.