1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HP TouchPad $90

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So... about this tablet thing: ls it ever worth it to get one with only wifi? The thing looks kind of fun but I already have data plan with my phone (company issued blackberry) and, of course, broadband/wifi at home so I am not sure where I'd be using the mobile data thing.

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I plan to use it as a light laptop, without the more intense gaming and productivity uses.

3. hoannggg

hoannggg Member

make sure when u search for your order, only put either the order/quote number OR the customer number,dont put both. Took me like a few minutes to figure that out. And oh yea, they didnt send me any confirmation but they withdrew money from my account...

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

not sure if you can use your blackberry as a access point (I can with my evo), but that would give you full time tethering. If I know I'm gonna be somewhere with no wifi, I just fire up the tether on my phone and Bob's your uncle.;)

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. The Boz

The Boz Member

It is worth it if you have an unlimited data plan and a rooted android phone for wireless tethering. Just another way to beat the system. :grin:

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I have unlimited data on T-Mobile and could tether it to my phone when not at home. This what I do with my laptop when I'm out on sales calls or traveling.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Barnes and Noble just canceled my order. I called them about 2 hours ago and, after putting me on hold for a couple of minutes, the guy on the phone said I would hear something shortly. Wonder if calling and checking was a bad idea.

9. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Has anyone here said their B&N order went through, I wonder? Now that I think about it I don't think I've seen anyone who ordered from them say that it wasn't cancelled.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Seems like all B&N orders were cancelled. I haven't see anyone's order from B&N go through. It's like they had less than a hundred to sell.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Seems like OnSale will also be canceled.

At this point if you really want one you have to literally be on slick deals for every second of the day and hope that you get lucky.

12. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Datavis sent out an email to anyone who bought thru them via ebay. Basically saying they have enough to ship even to the crazies who bought a hundred, will ship single quantities first, and will start shipping it off by the end of the week.

13. SunsRocketsfan

Make sure you are on hp small business and go check the order and quote section. Ur order should be in there. Not that it matter tho. I called hp. Any order after monday 4am cst will be canceled.

14. ItsMyFault

hilarious vid

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UKM6NdFsJxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. ItsMyFault

1 person likes this.
  16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I checked with the BBB and pulled the trigger. It took an incredibly long time but it eventually went through and I received a confirmation e-mail

Thanks!

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Just checked. Order cancelled.

Well balls.

#517 DonnyMost, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  18. ItsMyFault

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

BestBuy in the Galleria will have some this morning. But, I imagine the line will be around the block.

20. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

I picked up two at the Best Buy in Webster last night(around 6pm).
    I was shopping for a new tv and noticed a line forming at the customer service desk so I went over there and they had about 60 available. About 40 32GB versions and 20 16 GB versions. Since my wife was with me I had her buy one for her self. Not too bad for a total of $250. (I bought one 32GB and one 16GB)