1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Transformers 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 2, 2009.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I enjoyed it but I stripped down my expectations and it worked. I agree, however, that was the true TF movie. The whole time, through the three movies, I kept waiting for a moment like this and never got it...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KMCN2eudD2E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Bay could have done something like that and queued up the Linking Park music.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Imagine LP covering "The Touch"...perfect combo.

The biggest mystery to me, with all the great material from the comics and cartoons, they seemed to mix and match stories trying to find a good balance while all they had to do was use the first episodes of TF the series, hate plague and/or the Rodimus/Optimus/Megatron/Galvatron storyline.

4. dookiester

dookiester Member

I haven't seen the 1984 movie in awhile but just watching that one clip rockets934life posted is a good reminder of just how badly Bay missed the mark. he never made a transformers movie - he just made a bunch of movies that happened to have transforming robots in it. it's astounding how much of an afterthought the transformers themselves are in all of his movies and how little character they have. they take such a backseat to the juvenile witwicky plotline that i'd almost forgotten what a real transformers could and should be like. It would take only the slightest bit of imagination to remake the 1984 movie as a gritty, modern epic....I can only hope that someday someone is up to the task.

5. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Before they began the attack on Chicago Sentinel Prime stated that "It is time for the slaves of Earth to recognize their masters. Seal off the city"

With that said it appears they basically exterminated the citizens of Chicago as to show the rest of the world as what would happen to them if they were to disobey or rebel against them.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Thanks for the comic book recommendations. I'll try to find the Marvel UK and IDW series. I guess Furman is the writer to look for in either case.

Back to the movie...

as Optimus Prime is such an iconic character, he was at most a minor one in this movie. And he didn't come off as a powerful fighter at all. I'm still dumbfounded by the angle and focus of these movies.

7. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

There was a lot of nonsense in this movie that could have been cut out, and it was so damn cheesy. Some of the action was entertaining enough, but overall not as great as my friends thought it was

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

same goes for Megatron, they never really established him as terrifying character outside of them literally telling us. I've taken all three movies for what they are, don't hate them but I'd personally prefer a straight up CGI film sans the humans.

But I doubt we'd see anything like the animated movie because there's just too much money to be made from toys and what not, so they have to shoot for the bottom in terms of accessiblity.

A real shame but it is what it is.

I'd settle for a solid Robotech movie.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Am I the only one that thinks that's a good thing. I tried watching the animated movie again a few months back. Nostalgia aside, by the end my brain was completely fried, and not in a good way.

I'd love to see them make an animated movie, and I think you can easily appeal to the masses without having humans as major characters (Wall E's probably the closest example). But please, do not re-create the 1984 film.

10. dookiester

dookiester Member

a shot for shot remake would be a bad idea, but a re-imagining could be terrific. take a more serious approach that wasn't aimed at the 8 year old crowd and cut out the cheese (but keep that badass rock version of the transformers theme song - roll that song during the end credits and every theater in america would go nuts). the 1984 film has some great core elements and truly epic moments. and as juvenile as that movie was, the story was more logical than any of the bay movies and managed pace and dramatic setup much, much better. like i said, all it would take is an ounce of imagination to remake that as an epic movie. maybe it's just me but it's easy to see the potential there.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I enjoyed the movie, were people expecting anything more than cool 3d and special effects/action sequences? Come in looking to be entertained for 2 hours and you will enjoy it more. The plot was not nearly as bad as the 2nd one, and the action scenes were better.

I give it a 7.5/10.

12. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

One of the worst "films" I've ever seen. I walked out about halfway through, and spent the rest of the afternoon wondering how I got suckered into another Michael Bay dung fest.

1/10

13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Why would you pay to watch a 3rd sequel if you obviously hated the first 2?

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eKgPY1adc0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>