1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houstonhoya, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Sad to see you go, big fella.

Wish you the best.

You will always be one of my favorite Rockets ever.

Oh, one more thing: Thank you for helping me find Clutchcity, the most awesome sport fan site in the world.

2. Spankie

Spankie Member

reminiscing on the game when Yao came back from the locker room in LA in the last playoffs :'(

3. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

I cant believe he actually retired, I just hope he could give it 1 last shot but oh well. :Frown:

4. rocketsfan23

rocketsfan23 Member

Yao will be missed :(

5. Crush

Crush Rookie

Goodbye Yao

So long

6. conquistador#11

Adios Comrade Yao. It's sad not seeing you reach your potential, but in the grand scheme of things..it's just a game. Embrace your destiny, you're meant for more important things, like your foundation.

Looking through old emails that date back to december 0f 2005,
    I found this video sent by a friend of mine.
    <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N2rZxCrb7iU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    good times.

7. sidewider26

sidewider26 Member

the fact that Yao could NEVER reach his full potential made me sad...fair well big fella and, good luck, rockets

8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Yao Ming needs to be rehired as a big man assistant coach so he can teach Jordan Hill something. Anything.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Fare well, big guy. Major props for making a sensible decision and exiting the way you came in: with dignity, grace, humility, and common sense.

Thanks for working so hard and providing a good example for what a player can be off the court.

Even though you didn't have the long career you might have wanted, you surprised a lot of people who predicted you would be a flop. You were anything but a flop. You were absolutely unstoppable in your prime, feared by the rest of the league.

10. Possum

Possum Member

Good bye Yoa. You will stay in my heart as one of the classiest athletes to ever play in Houston sports. It was a privilege to be a fan of yours.