1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Finals: Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 25, 2011.

?

What do you expect to be the result

1. Dallas in 4

6 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Dallas in 5

12 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Dallas in 6

113 vote(s)
    30.5%
  4. Dallas in 7

43 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Miami in 4

10 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Miami in 5

40 vote(s)
    10.8%
  7. Miami in 6

115 vote(s)
    31.1%
  8. Miami in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh Really? If that's the case, I'll bet that you actually believed DM & Les when they said that Kevin McHale was the best candidate for Rockets head coach. This "clarification" was all about him trying to salvage his marketability - nothing more.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

LeBron regarding his postgame comments:

"Basically I was saying at the end of the day this season is over and -- with all hatred -- everyone else has to move on with their lives, good or bad. I do too," James said.

"It wasn't saying I'm superior or better than anyone else, any man or woman on this planet, I'm not. I would never ever look at myself bigger than anyone who watched our game. It may have come off wrong but that wasn't my intent."

LeBron continued:

“I didn’t play up to my own standards. Did that cost us losing the Finals? I don’t know. But I’m not satisfied with my performance.”

“I could have played better… I put a lot of pressure not to let my teammates down . . . maybe to a fault at times.”

"I put a lot of pressure on myself not to let my teammates down, maybe to a fault at times," James said. "I didn't play up to my own standards. Did that cost us the Finals? I don't know. I'm not satisfied with my performance."

James was also asked if he had any regrets over the events of the last year, especially his decision to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"You can't live your life going back and saying 'if I could do it again,' life doesn't run its course like that," James said. "There are times when you feel like if you did have another opportunity you would change it but you can't move on in life thinking about the past."

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lies lies lies

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha. Most of it.

I dont get why he doesnt say some of this stuff at the or a PC instead of on twitter or on his website or internet in general.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the guy just came off the worst series of his life, and probably pissed off. and the first question he hears is: "how do you feel about america rooting for you to fail?"

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What marketability? Folks that hate him are still gonna hate him no matter what he says or does. This was his answer:

I read that as those folks will have the same problems and I'm gonna continue to live how I wanna love and do the things that make me happy. They can get their shots in now but after a while time to get back to the real world. I can see how it can be construed as him trying to be superior with no clarification but with clarification I see his point. Especially since I can't recall him saying something to put others down before. There are plenty of arrogant statements made by him to prop himself, but I don't recall anything to highlight I'm superior than you fans or media folks because I'm rich and your lives are miserable because you aren't me.

Do you have any examples of him being that type of an *******?