1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

P90X

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by <3myrockets, Dec 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Is it essential to do a diet when doing P90X? Do you guys take any proteine-shakes?

I have a good diet, but I do like to pound some serious liquor (i'm in college) approximately 3 times a week.
    I weight 176 lbs and am 6"0, my uper body (shoulders, biceps, trapz) are good. I'd like to buff up a bit my pecs, and especially I would LOVE to loose that little beer belly/love handles that I have going on.

2. HombreDeHierro

stop drinking and just pine after you workout and proceed to munch out on lots of healthy food lol

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I thought beer was the worst for fat? And white liquor being the least "fatening"?

4. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Liquor is probably better for you calorie wise as compared to beer, but its the mixers like soda that add to the damage.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

bowflex adjustable dumbbells arrived today.

just did chest/shoulder/arms.

holy crap, it's an entirely different experience.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Do they feel too bulky? That's what has kept me from ordering a pair. I've got long arms, but i feel like i'm still going to be banging them around my body or something.

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Not at all.

8. slamdunk179

slamdunk179 Member

finalsbound--just curious...how many pounds/body fat% did you lose throughout the 90days?

9. liljojo

liljojo Member

Just started on Friday. My goodness, it hurts.

I'm in horrible shape. Not fat per se, but overweight (5'6", 165ish?), and definitely not fit.

If I wasn't doing this with friends, I'd quit in no time flat
    I can't even keep track of what hurts anymore.

This thing had better work.

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I lost 21 pounds, 5 inches from my waist, 5.5 inches from my hips, 2 inches from each bicep, 3.5 inches off each quad, and my resting heart rate went from 70 to 66. I didn't measure body fat % (I really don't think it changed much). My BMI went from 25 to 21.8. I went from weak and lethargic to full of energy and the best shape of my life. P90X rulez. I'll post a comparison pic soon.

#610 finalsbound, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Where do you work out?

Not specifically, gym? home?

#611 tmoney1101, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  12. finalsbound

I did all of the workouts in my 2nd floor apt bedroom. Not very much space at all, but you really don't need it. I'd say there's only 2 or 3 DVDs out of 10 that require space, and even with those you only need the space for a minute or two. (Lack of space seems to be a common P90X gripe, for some reason).

I love being able to get my workout in right when I roll out of bed. Going to the gym can be cumbersome at times.

1 person likes this.
  13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

they'd better be for 300 bucks.

14. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Goodness, first time doing core synergistics was crazy. So many different moves had me sweating and straining more than any of the other workouts. A lot of fun.

15. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

$400 retail... but $240 using the coupon :)

16. SacTown

SacTown Member

I use water jugs for the dumbells. I have a set of 5 gallon, 3 gallon, and 1 gallon jugs. You can add/remove water as necessary. Hella cheap and you build stabalizer muscles because the water moves around during your lift.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Very smart....

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I have a copy of P90 vids borrowed from a coworker.

But when I first saw the commericial for it of the Asian guy doing that "X" arm cross motion and doing some kinda "The Rock" intense squint into the camera ... that TOTALLY LOST me. I thought I'm not joining in on some lame X Cult.

I'm happy for your results. And disgusted with my gut. There's just something that doesnt quite sit well with all the workout stuff going on now...

Its like we're back in the 80s "Get PUMPED" era. Except not as gay - no Olivia Newton John, sweatbands and Richard Simmons.

19. finalsbound

I quit Insanity. Too much time spent hyperventilating on all fours.

Round 2 of P90X started yesterday. I missed Tony and the gang so much. I was grinning when Plyo was on, during his lame jokes. Don't get me wrong, it's still tough as hell, but it is NOTHING like the Insanity workouts. And so much more fun.

I might try Insanity again after this round.

Shroopy--you know you wanna! Just try it out for a week. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how non-cultlike it is.

1 person likes this.
  20. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Is it just me, or do some of the people in the p90x videos annoy you?

Like when the red head with the weird accent during Kenpo is all enthusiastic about the vertical punches..."these are my favorite!"...or the black guy is enjoying the "claw" part of "claw and punch" a bit too much in ken-po with his cat-like motions.