1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wolves Open to Move No. 2 Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKCITY, May 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

2nd pick

Trade up for Popeye Williams

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would give up KMart to draft Kanter. Then I would try to draft Alec Burcs as a replacement 2 guard with my second lottery pick.

3. utcarbs

utcarbs Member

A Kevin Martin deal makes too much sense. A #2 pick would the best return we could get. It also gives a young desirable piece for future trades,alas a Derrick favors.

I think minny will deal with us, Philly for iggy,or Pacers for Granger

1 person likes this.
  4. CXbby

CXbby Member

The only franchise player I see is Williams. More so than Irving. Kanter is a huge risk even if you ignore the knee issue. Simply no one has seen him play besides against U20 competition. Also we already have a replacement at 2 guard who was a starter on a finals team, Courtney Lee.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

This is a great point. If you are trying to convince say Orlando to give you Dwight Howard, a player like Martin doesn't give fans hope for the future, whereas with some rookie stud fans can rationalize and imagine potential. Derrick Favors being the most recent example.

6. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Martin is the obvious choice for a deal with Minnesota, though I think most people (like myself) are trying to make it happen without involving him. Plus, they are going to have to match salaries with Martin. Scola's BYC status makes it an easier deal to make. Also, Scola is locked up at a reasonable rate while Love will be heading into a much larger contract. That would give them the option to move him or wait for a SnT deal to net even more established players.

7. worzel gummidge

Minny's GM said they're after a vet C.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

It sounds Brad Miller is a perfect fit.

10. AFS

AFS Member

[​IMG]

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Simple they need a Center just trade them Thabeet, a former #2 pick for a current # 2 pick.

Makes sense right?:p

12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

im sure we could offer hayes or hill and martin for # 2 pick and player...

i say draft williams then get jimmer with our 14th pick and with the cap room by trading martin for mainly a player (as wolves are under the cap)
    sign dandre jordan!

Lowry / dragic
    Lee / jimmer
    Budinger Williams and twill
    Scola / pat pat
    Deandre Jordan and either hayes or hill whosever left

then with our 23rd pick...take best available center prospect

13. megastahr

i need to be an advisor to morey btw

14. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

We'd best be careful dealing with Kahn; he's clearly a better GM than Morey.

Definitely makes sense though, the Clippers own the Timberwolves unprotected #1 next year, so Minnesota needs to get better quickly in order for Kahn to keep his job, and if they are bad again next year, the team will have very little hope going forward. Rubio is basically the last hope for the team.

I'd probably do Martin and Williams for #2 and Flynn, but I'm not sure who I'd end up drafting; NOT sold on Derrick Williams being able to play the 3 at all, and I have absolutely no idea about the non-US guys. I really like Kemba, but I think there will be a lot of great backup point guards in the later parts of this draft (Jackson, Cole, Morris)

1 person likes this.
  15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I don't know how accurate Hoopshype is, but they show Sota having $42M of salaries next year. So couldn't they just take Martin's contract without sending anything back?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/minnesota.htm

16. Garner

Garner Member

Trade hayes and martin for a player likely never to contribute as much as either, but then turn around and replace kevin martin with avpoor mans kevin martin in jimmer fredette?

Got it.

17. pge71188

pge71188 Member

I hink kahn wants a real center :(

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

It would mean that we trade Martin for #2 pick + TE. I am not sure Martin would worth that much.

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Anything but Martin or Lowry!!
    Then sign DeAndre Jordan

Klow
    Kmart
    Derrick Williams
    Patterson
    DeAndre

That team would eventually compete in the west!

I think Derrick Williams will become a superstar!

20. megastahr

First your dumb...second...your replacing martin in house with lee which i think is a better overall player with more upside...he actually plays d...

jimmer will replace martins shooting....thats it...with the upside of being a player like martin. You get your high upside guy that we may not get another chance at in williams...while clearing the cap space to guarantee us Dandre Jordan...

So in reality we trade martin and back up center for High upside prospect that was key in getting Derron Willams trade...and clear the cap space to sign deandre jordan............problem?