1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lasik Surgery

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JBIIRockets, May 13, 2011.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Getting it done at International Eye Care on May 31st.

Anyone here had it done? What are your thoughts?

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LATE thread to ask for suggestions is LATE. :grin:

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

My sister had it done there 3 years ago. Nice place. She's still very happy with the results.

4. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I wouldn't even do it if it was free. My eyes are too damn important to me at the moment. My fear is the flaps they cut away might not heal properly and this procedure is irreversible.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Did it about 8 years ago and best money I ever spent. Not having to worry about contacts, etc well worth it. Waking up with 20/15 vision every morning again is priceless.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What does LASIK run these days in terms of costs?

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

all of my friends who had it done had great results

my vision is perfect

and my eyes burn about 50% of the day + i have some weird eye muscle/focusing issues now

so yeah, while the success rate is insanely high, i'm an exception (in a bad way)...and therefore don't recommend it

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Make sure you take pain killers before the operation.

Strong ones.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

bumping this post...i'm curious to know as well.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Best decision I ever made. Worth every penny.

11. BP0803

BP0803 Member

I had mine done at International Eye Care about 2 1/2 years ago. By FAR the best money I have ever spent in my entire life.

12. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

Had it done in December. One of the better decisions I've ever made. Went from almost legally blind to better than 20/20. They created the flap using the "intralace" laser which apparently corrects a lot of the minor issues people had in the past. A bit more expensive though.

Other than being pretty uncomfortable for about 1/2 a day following the procedure, I haven't had a single problem.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I had mine down +/- 5 years ago now.

I have had some deterioration, especially in the last year, since. Particularly at night time. I am definitely NOT 20/20 anymore. Perfectly fine for everyday use, and don't anticipate having to wear glasses again or correct the procedure for
    some time, but just saying, every experience is different.

it doesn't help that i stare at a computer screen a lot of the day, and got an iphone within the last year. i don't think i'm doing my eyes any favors with the strains i put on them...

I am still very happy i got it done. It was quick and painless really. I had 20/15 vision for a while, and just have had some slippage. I hope slippage stops, but if not, I will be back in glasses/contacts/surgery again in the future, but that's life.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=199163&highlight=lasik

1600 (real cheap)-2200 (better attention) per eye.

The difference you pay is more about the follow through and the recovery. I think I need a few more degrees in correction so I plan to go back in a few months and try to get a touchup (1 free w/in 12 months for me)

You can charge it through Flex plans though, which will save you around 3-500 bucks in taxes

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

i had prk done a year ago. overall i am happy with it. i had it done by Dr. Koch at Baylor Vision. it was $4000.