1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Texans Win Again This Season? Does it matter?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IROC it, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Charles Rogers is the player the Texans need to draft. You put Rogers, Bradford, and Gaffney out there and you have one of the most talented and fastest receiver corp. out there.

Realistically the Texans will win at least one or two more games winning altogether three or four games. I think they end up with the third pick and either pick Rogers, or trade down and get an extra second-rounder this year or next.

I know the cliche' goes," Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it".(For those who believe that first-round wideouts are busts). But the Texans have already shown a knack for picking up players with great work ethics and great team mentalities. The Texans will pick a player who will fit with the team. I read about Rogers in TSN last month and seems like the kind of guy who could be a great NFL player. But lets hope he is and Casserly thinks he'll be a great player.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Oh my God. It's Rogers...not Rodgers.

For some reason I find that so extremely annoying.

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Ask and ye shall recieve...

And then there were 2...

And we're one out of 2nd in the division??!!?

Whoa team! We need picks, not playoffs....

Or... if miracles can happen for Angels (World Series - came from a 41 game back season), maybe they could happen for Texans too?

I think not. But wouldn't it be weird to see a new franchise gel in it's first year?

It could be fun if they did. It could be tragic if they did... for the future that is.

Visions of granduer.

And sugarplums dancing in my head...:p

4. Holden

Holden Member

well...i call a 2 game win streak...
    hopefully more...
    screw the future..

sha la la la la la live for today...

5. Elvis Costello

I think the Texans have to concentrate on shoring up the offensive line. David Carr is going to be a walking accordian if he keeps getting slaughtered like this. What are the o-line prospects for the 2003 draft? Ric, or any other football experts, any ideas in this area?

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

did the NFL award houston a supplemental aggie draft?

no, actually, he has nothing to do with charles rogers. zero. nada. zippo. past draft performance is completely, fully and totally irrelevant. always has been, always will be.

7. Hey Now!

he's not getting slaughtered; the numbers are misleading in that regard. trust me, the texans are on top of this; he wouldn't be out there if there was any pending danger -- he's too valuable.

also, there aren't many top of the draft OL available this year; at least, they've yet to emerge. lots of good mid-round guys, though. my guess is that the texans will go DL -- joseph and kennedy both fit capers' style and are awesome prospects.

8. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I hope you are right because the Texans scouts have been looking at Rodgers since game 1 so if we pick him hopefully he will live up to the hype.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

if it were up to refman we'd have that freaking collie on the sidelines too...and the cheerleaders would be a LOT less attractive! :)

10. Hey Now!

everyone, it's R-O-G-E-R-S; no D (insert viking joke here). sorry, i'm anal. anyway, rogers may very well bust, but it'll have nothing to do with westbrook busting.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I think a WR depends a lot on the QB. Something we have. So drafting a good WR is a good proposition in my book.