1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Rick Adelman is out as Houston Rockets coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by karthik.08, Apr 18, 2011.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

i would watch a season of cavs like suckage if we are promised a top 3 pick in a draft that looks as good as 2012 does..... the whole lottery could easily have been top 8 picks this year. Plus we have the knick pick so we can hope that Amare goes down and they miss the playoffs.... hey they were 6th seed this year and we know right off the bat that NJ will be better only need a few more teams to step up ... I like detroit if they could get some more good players ... Monroe is gonna be a good one.

2. seanluu

seanluu Member

Mike Woodson is being highly considered, i'm telling yall

3. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

the last 10 or so years, I was most happy when we made it to the second round. After that is the 22 in a row streak, then its the 2 years we finished 50+ regular season under JVG.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

check the record post all star break (TRADE DEADLINE**). Not to mention they started this season out as a jeckyl and hyde persona.

With all his statistical evidence morey admitted to banking on Yao being healthy this season and once again, as is the team built around him even though they got off to a bad start, they become completely vulnerable.

The players, everybody, admitted it was the instability and stupid nonsense about no one being untradable crap that led everyone to play ****less. That was one of the things that upset adelman the most and he was right. He doesn't need that drama in his locker room especially with management pissing on the roster every morning they feel different. I don't think its a coincidence their point differential and record was so much better right after the deadline passed and people could concentrate just on basketball.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

when he pisses on martin's favorite coach and martin publically calls him out about his bull**** pr nonsense , morey is the one thats going to be in a difficult position. Time after time martin said adelman was his first coach and he had been asking what the likelihood of losing him twice was.

If martin wants to be traded and is unhappy, morey can't do anything about it.

6. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WPb2nZPxffU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DO NOT WANT LOL

7. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Sad day indeed. I've been a fan of Adelman since the Portland days and wished that he and the Rox could have worked something out.

However, the truth of the matter is, we just don't have the players to truely compete for the championship. I doubt that even Adelman could get us out of our middling position and he'll fight tooth-and-nail to get the most out of our players all the time which could lead to the 1st or, maybe even the 2nd round. Therein lies the crux of the matter. I think that management just had it with fighting, what they felt was, a losing cause.

I feel that we are officially in, euphemistically, "rebuilding" mode. After the failed attempts at getting big name players and an overachieving squad that can't ultimately compete for the championship, we're hoping to luck out by draft and that takes some serious losing. The kind that i'm sure Adelman would not be a participant of.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Looks like morey picked Twill over Rick!! Lol

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

random Don't quote me on this but I believe there will be 11am press conference tomorrow err today with Morey for those still interested in what Dork has to say.

Continue on..:)

10. Spankie

Spankie Member

ROFL!!! Brown sounds like a straight up, clueless dumbass!! Nonetheless, sorta funny :rolleyes:

11. Spankie

Spankie Member

sorry if sum1 alredy posted this but....

Adelman: “I have enjoyed my time in Houston over these past four seasons," said Adelman. "We accomplished quite a bit, despite overcoming numerous obstacles during the past few years. I especially enjoyed coaching this group of players the past two seasons. Despite difficult circumstances, they never gave in and they never quit. It was a joy coming in every day and working with such a group of dedicated players and coaches. I wish them all the best.”

Morey:“After numerous discussions and careful consideration with Coach Adelman, we have mutually agreed to part ways,” said Morey. “It has been a privilege and an honor to work with and learn from Rick during these past four years. He is a Hall of Fame coach who earned the respect and admiration of our entire organization during his time here. These situations are always difficult, but we would like to personally thank Rick and his staff for their efforts the past four seasons and we wish them the best in their future pursuits.”

12. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

As far as Rick goes, I enjoyed his time here, and wish him the best going forward. Maybe I'm in a different place than the rest of Clutchfans because I thought this was inevitable. I also earnestly await a Luis Scola trade. Why? Because this team, as constructed, is simply a mediocre product. Even with a HOF/elite coach, we were nothing more than a bubble playoff team at best.

I am a bit disappointed at the fans who are turning in their fan cards because of this one event. People were talking about never following the Rockets again when Hakeem retired from the league a Rocket (because that other scenario couldn't have happened, right?). That's much more understandable than not being a fan because of this move. RA has been here for 4 years. Yes, the highest winning % in Rocket history. Yes 22 game winning streak. However, look at it this way: there were so many of you who were willing to trade Battier to Boston at the trade deadline because "he deserved a shot on a contender." Why not just look at this situation the same way? The Rockets are obviously, even to the most deluded fan, not going to be contenders for at least another 3 years, barring a miracle or five. So why not let Adelman, who is nearing the twilight of his career, try to latch onto a franchise that has a legitimate shot?

I will applaud the Monocle on his way out and remember all the great memories he's given us. Whether it's a dumb move, time will only tell. But I hope to God that we don't go after the glitzy splash hire and go for someone who can help continue develop our players and has a nice balance of offense and defense.

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

=

?

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

What a joke. Rick squeezed evey dop of talent out of this group of mediacore players and instead of giving a talented team to successed, he gets fierd?.He made guys lke Hayes look good on offense for christ sake.

Once Jackson retiers they'll hire RA for sure and with Gaol as his passing big and Kobe as his closer they'll be contenders again.

14. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I agree completely. If Jackson retires and Lakers could hire Adelman, they likely will win championship again. He can prove Rockets why he should not have let go in the first place after winning championship with LA. I am still disappointed with the decision by Rockets.

15. Raven

Raven Member

It won't prove anything of the sort, because the Lakers have Kobe. Until the Rockets acquire a player that can activate beast mode on demand, it really doesn't matter who coaches them.

16. DragonGirl

DragonGirl Member

Adelman is perfect for Lakers if they feel okay to leave from triangle. Pau Gasol is perfect big man for system and Adelman get along good with naughty Artest. Also would be good for Lakers to spend MLE money on young point guard to take some pressures off old Kobe. Aaron Brooks is best point guard available in free agency and would be good familar fit under Adelman again. I would like to see this for Adelman to get his ring.

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Im not going to bother reading anyone's comment on this one. I really don't care what people think.

My thoughts on this one is this is a really sad day for the Houston Rockets organization. I know Rick and the Houston's front office had their disagreements but that does not take away anything from what Rick did for this team, his great impact to this roster without a true star player. Being able to have back to back winning records without a star is amazing and I don't think Rick got enough credit for.

Thanks for the memories Rick and I really enjoyed the motion offense. You will be missed...

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Except I did mention the post season too. I just threw in the fact that the team was hyped ALL season long since you wanted me to 'prove' that that team had talent. Finishing 5th I believe it was, was a disappointment for that team but understandable since it was the start of Tmac taking a nosedive.

Honestly...the players should know they are trade-able. It was pretty clear to everyone then even the fans that anyone could be traded. Since Melo was up for grabs and apparently Dwill so all Morey did was tell the truth.

Yeah Morey didn't have to go public about it but it's far from the first time it's been done.

It is the coaches job to keep the team focus on winning games and keep the chemistry going. Not Morey's job, the GM has little to do with that unless he's bringing in a known locker room problem. Not everything is Morey's fault...

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I agree with this.

I still think Scola is most likely to be moved. He's the oldest with the most trade value with a youngster playing behind him.

Hayes is another Moreyball player. I'd be shocked if they didn't re-sign him.

The player I'm actually worried about losing now is Lowry. You could tell he was just as disappointed as Martin to lose Rick. The TWill situation......I have a funny feeling that they are going to ask the next coach to put him in the rotation or maybe even the starting lineup. In my view, TWill is a one or a two. And if he does play the 3, he would be better served with a shooter like Dragic in the lineup. Lowry is a point guard. Lowry distributes the ball, gets everybody involved. TWill is another McGrady/Lebron without nearly the resume, dominate the ball and make plays with it. Lowry really needs a 3 that he can pass the ball to because Lowry is a playmaker. Maybe it will work. Because Lowry will do anything to win, including playing off the ball. Maybe the next coach will make them mesh and alternate their playmaking from the top depending on matchups and defenses. I don't know. But I am worried about how Lowry is going to respond to the next coach.

The problem with Adelman, the players that are here are all going to measure the next coach against this guy. The new coach, when he comes in, if it's the same core bunch, he's got an uphill battle on his hands. Obviously Morey knows this. So, I suspect a trade is coming. I'm just hoping the trade is Scola/Hill/Miller/Budinger and not Lowry/Hayes. Unless we are bringing in Chris Paul. Lowry/Hayes is the heart and soul of this team. The only way they should leave our roster is if we are bringing in an all-world player to run the show here.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'd like to take this opportunity to say "F*@k Les Alexander"

1 person likes this.