1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phil Jackson is a hypocrite.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JBIIRockets, Mar 9, 2011.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

2. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Phil Jackson up to his mind games again :rolleyes:

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ck9nyiwaTIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

5. Steve_Francis_rules

That's not the key item. PJ said 'big boys don't cry.' He didn't say 'big boys don't cry unless they just lost a playoff series for the first time in four years.'

Having said that, I don't think hypocrite is the right word. PJ wasn't the one crying, it was his players. Maybe he was disgusted by it then, too, but he just didn't say anything.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He can say what he wants. . . why????
    "DUH??? WINNING!!!"

Rocket River

7. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

There's a huge difference between crying because your season is over as opposed to crying in March.

Seriously, those little girls crying and holding hands in March is pathetic.

8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This simply upsets me. Am I suppose to feel sorry for you as you drive home in your Ferrari that you only received because of your god given gifts? You lost a game. It doesn't matter to me if it's game 7 of the finals, or a regular season game right before the all star break, you should not be crying because of a basketball game. Cry me a river Lebron. Until there is proof that you work as hard as the rest of us at perfecting your craft, I'll never be a fan of yours.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Phil taking jabs at opponents through the media?

[​IMG]

10. ApuN

ApuN Member

It wasn't Lebron

Man, I just cant see how one guy causes so many people butt-hurt!

LOL

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you mad?

12. htownwreckagee

why are YOU crying? thanks for the laugh.

13. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

i think ledouche probably puts in decent amount of work, but he's too arrogant to admit any wrongdoings or change his ways, and yeah he's mentally weak crying baby

14. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I find it funny when people don't see how pro athletes can get emotional. It's not his fault that he lives his dream, and you can only sit back and watch. Regular people will never know what it's like to live their dream and all the emotion that comes with the territory. I promise you, your job is NOTHING like theirs, so of course you can't understand why grown men would cry.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Phil Jackson is a man's man.
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/za08zWrZ-QE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    More importantly, he's also an a**hole.

16. bloop

bloop Member

It has nothing to do with being emotional. The reason why crying is a b****ass move is because it is a lack of CONTROL. Children and women cry when they have no logical recourse to deal with a situation. You can have all the heart and emotion in the world, it's not going to make you bawl. You cry when you can't handle a situation.

Phil Jackson's statements echo the idea that in the NBA it takes strength to win championships. I'm not going to sign off on a bunch of black men sitting in shorts crying in a locker room because they can't get the leather ball to drop where they want.

There's people in Africa shooting each other up and fighting for the destiny of their country. If one side loses and they cry, because now they messed up the lives of their children, set back their country, and there's absolutely no hope for their people then yeah that's real. Crying at the funeral for your pops yeah that's real. Crying over basketball? They do realize there's another 30 games this season and then next season right? This entire country is ****ed.

17. clippy

clippy Member

Sexist much?

18. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I agree that crying during the regular season is too much, but I was referring to the other poster's comment about it doesn't matter if it's game 7 of the finals. To go through the off-season, training camp, pre-season, an 82 game regular season, 3 rounds of playoffs with the best teams in the league, all that to lose in the finals and have to do it all over again? I know I would cry if I went through all of that just to come up short, and there is no guarantee that those guys will ever make it back to the finals. to come 1 game away from the ultimate prize, and to fall short must eat people alive inside.

19. Sampson4Sleepy

id cry too if i lost to a bunch of foreigners and geezers..post something worthwhile next time

20. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

i've never understood crying about crap like that. PJ is absolutely right. absorb the blow and don't make the same mistake next time. Our loss to the Suns is worth more than Miami's loss to the Bulls. We just about lost any hope of getting to the post-season. the players in Miami were crying not because they worked so hard but because it's taking more work than they expected.

These are grown ass men. i never liked it when tmac cried and i think it's disgusting to see athletes cry over losing. AI I will give a pass because his whole life has been hard.