1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[QB Trick Shots] Real or clever video editing?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If these are real, they're pretty friggin' sweet. Johnny McEntee, UCONN's third string quarterback, doing some precision passing.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s0WMd0Y6hIw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s0WMd0Y6hIw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

Pretty good if true.

3. YaosDirtyStache

Why would a kid as good as him not go to a smaller program and light up the scene? Whats the point of being a 3rd stringer on a mid-level football program when he could go to a place like Rutgers or UH and wreck shop?

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Saw it here: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...p-QB-is-a-Jedi-master-of-mea?urn=ncaaf-318722 (on Yahoo!'s main page)

This is REAL, definitely. Pretty good, too.

I would like to see from the time he starts walking, to when he throws the ball, to when he makes the successful hit. :eek: I don't want to see footage in between making the perfect passes. In other words, don't edit anything. Do it all in one take. Yes, I'll wait.

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

With enough attempts* and editing, just about anyone could make that clip.

*It would take me about 1,000,000,000 attempts for most of them, but I could still make a sweet video!

1 person likes this.
  6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Exactly....the real question for me would be how many takes did it take to do the tricks. Then we can see how damn good he really is. Regardless it takes a lot of talent to be able to do what he was doing. Just wondering how many takes.

1 person likes this.
  7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...practice, practice, practice...being 3rd string, he has a lot of time on his hands...

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tVoqA-LKGb4?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Because none of this skill translates onto the football team, dude. Just because he's good at making some trick shots after who knows how many takes doesn't mean he's capable of reading blitz packages or coverages. And, besides, just because he's a third stringer as a freshman doesn't mean he's going to be as a junior or senior. Everybody starts somewhere. I guarantee every QB at a big conference (or even small conference) school can do things with a football that most of us only dream of.

10. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Reminds me of the video where Dan Majerle made some 40ft underhanded shoots in the pre-game shoot around when he was the Suns announcer. At some high level of competition, the skill level of even backups/retired guys is still ridiculously high.

Backups in the NFL/NBA are still top 0.0001% athletes.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, on some of them he hits the same shot twice in a row with no cut. Like the when he hits the shot from the stands on the furthest basketball goal. Does it twice in a row. Were he taking 30-40 attempts between good shots, there is no way he would sit as long as it took to do it twice in a row like that. My thinking is he really is that good.

Now maybe he is crap at reading defenses, or freezes up when he gets in a real game, I don't know. But the guy is clearly accurate.

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I want to see that running or with some 300 lbs guys coming for him, to see how he would be in an NFL game. But it was a great trick shot vid, he could win a football horse game, if that exists.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So he can get a crap load of p***y, and not have to play in any of the games...