1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This season is dull

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Jan 21, 2011.

1. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

since he is the pg, he should be able to exploit the trap and at least get some ball movement.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is this thread the definition of fair weather fans?

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I was thinking this very thing, actually quite a bit lately. To be honest this garbage is much more dull than watching the Rockets IMO.

No one is happy with the way this season is going, but this bit**ing and moaning all day everyday has become very stale. :rolleyes:

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

The Rockets haven't been relevant in the NBA for about 12-13 years now. I don't think there are any fair weather fans here lol.

3 people like this.
  5. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

How does a team that has won ONE playoff series in the past 10+ years have fair weather fans? Anybody who posts here has stuck with a mediocre team for years, so let's cut the crap that the people who are finally getting tired of the losing are "fair weather fans."

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well for me the Texans have been exciting. Frustrating yet exciting.

The Rockets though have turned into a complete bore and I wondered if others were thinking the same. I'll still watch though just because I don't like what else is on TV and would rather watch sports over anything...but it's just that at least the Clippers and Kings have younger players to get excited about.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL! THIS! :grin: .......... :(

8. RocketMania1991

DONT YOU KNOW WE WON 22 GAMES IN A ROW DURING THE REGULAR SEASON!

NOT TO MENTION WERE ALWAYS THE UNDERDOG, YOU GOTTA ROOT FOR US!

9. Raven

Raven Member

With the 12th pick in the 2011 NBA draft, the Rockets select....

:(

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

holy crap, thank you!! thank you a thousand times!

no freaking kidding. if you still care after how crappy we've been for so very long, you're a fan.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

another power forward

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think Brook's' uninspired play has more to do with circumstances surrounding his contract (he thought he played well enough for the last 2 years to deserve an extension), and demotion to the bench. In a way, I feel some sympathy towards him. Before Martin arrived, Brooks was indeed our best finisher while Yao and Mac were injured and he certainly played well enough to deserve MIP last year.

Brooks still has his moments, but I get the feeling he is just going through the motions with sights set somewhere else.

14. joesr

joesr Member

I have been saying this but again, if we're gonna lose, I would at least still have fun watching the rookies play (ie.., Pat, Ish, Twill, Hill and Courtney (did not include Chase on purpose)).

15. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I guess I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to as "dull", but if you're including the offense in that then I disagree. The season is disappointing for sure, but this team plays better fundamental offensive basketball than any Rockets team in recent memory. The way they move they move the ball and rack up assists is pretty impressive. What was dull was the offense under JVG and before that with Francis/Mobley. Now that was ugly isolation-centric basketball. Successful in some cases due to the team makeup, but still dull and ugly. If you think the offense is boring because we don't have any slam dunk contest participants on the team, then okay.

But yeah, I agree it's hard to get excited due to the performance/potential comparison.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't find watching the games dull at all. But it's understandable that having little potential to accomplish anything in the playoffs takes away some enthusiasm. I like Scola, K-Mart, Patterson, Lowry, Chuck a lot and those guys keep me connected to the team. Even last night's loss at Memphis wasn't dull to me.

But instead of trying to sneak in as the 8th seed, the Rockets need to dump Battier, Miller & others and build for the future. I will be VERY disappointed if Morey doesn't make a few trades before the deadline. Afterwards, I expect the Rockets will indeed fit the "dull" category as they play out the string.

17. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

It's been a looooong time since I've posted on Clutchfans.

Been a die hard fan since 1984, but these past two seasons have worn me thin. I've sacrificed birthdays, weddings and parties to watch Rockets games, but no more.

This team IS boring. It's a .500 team with a bunch of nice guy role players and NO leader. Even if we do sneak into the playoffs, there is no way we make it out of the first round. Just like every other season for the past 13 years (except 2 years ago when we over-achieved).

We're average - no more and no less.

I'll start paying more attention when we field a team with a little bit of swagger and personality. Until then, I'm just going to be a casual fan. Sucks that it's come to that, but I just don't think the Rockets are worth much of my time right now.

2 people like this.
  18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

After a lost season, we deserve better than this.

19. rtsy

rtsy Member

Yup and highlights posted here.

20. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I disagree with everything you said.