1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Colors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by I h8 Logos, Oct 12, 2002.

1. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

I think the current color scheme is great, I even like the logo. But the jerseys definitley need tweaking.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

For all those people wanting "maroon and gold," I think the point of this thread was that those are essentially the colors the Cavs are going to be using, and they look pretty nice, imo.

[​IMG]

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Paxson, Gund, and Somebody standing at Gund Arena three minutes before tipoff.

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I would seriously doubt a return to anything remotely resembling the ketchup and mustard uni's of the past. I doubt we'll see any gold and hopefully nothing close to McDonald's color scheme. :)

5. I h8 Logos

I h8 Logos Member

i think the rockets should start a jersey trend; they should get long sleeves and reeeeeeaaalllllly baggy shorts.

or what about the torn up look--itll be a jersey with slits under the armpits...

for some reason i have a feeling that the new threads are goinna look reeeealll tacky like our current friendly, jagged jerseys (with the incomplete, off-center pinspripes. who designed those?!?!)

anyway, back to the cavs, they took my idea (yes im still angry)

it wouldve been awesome to have those colors cuz everyone wouldve been happy--they wouldve been going back to yellow and red, just a different variation. oh well.

6. I h8 Logos

I h8 Logos Member

wait i got it!!!

the new threads should be the compaq center chair colors. no not the old, wacky, circus, off-colored yellow red and orange, but the horrid forrest green!!!

It would symbolize Houston's commitment to corporate cash cows who lie about earnings for their own greater wealth!!!

btw, no offense:)

***read updated profile***
    |
    |
    |
    \ /

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

red!!! please bring back the red!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Tim

Tim Member

Actually, the chairs in the new building will be red. :)

Tim

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

Absolutely. Rocket Red Glare.

What the hell does blue have to do with a rocket?

10. Holden

Holden Member

i think i speak for everyone here when i say...
    please leave the uniforms the way they are...they are our only link back to robert horry, sam cassell and mark bryant.
    they are unique in the league and weve had them for a long time.
    the celtics havent changed their uniforms, and although weve already changed them once, let us never make the mistake of changing them again.
    cmon you guys, you know you want these uniforms forever.
    Dont change the UNIS!

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I'm torn between blue and red, that's why I think we should drop the white home jersey thing and follow the Lakers lead in having a color, like yellow, for home. What would make more sense? I'm gonna go with Red. There's Laker Gold and now Rocket Red. Then we can have blue away jerseys, a metallic blue since rockets are made out of metal.

12. codell

How about this:

Home jersey. Red base/background with black lettering surrounded by yellow trim

Road jersey. Black bae/background with red lettering surrounded by yellow trim (sorta of like those black road jerseys that the bulls wore but with a different logo).

Simple design consistant with our championship uniforms.

13. Holden

Holden Member

so if we have a red home jersey, what happens when the clippers, heat, or hawks come and play us at home. they have to wear white?

the lakers only get away with having home yellow because no one else has away yellow. indiana had an alternate one year, but thats all i can think of.

i also heard the lakers will have an alternate white home jersey this year. anyone else hear this?

anyway, though, i dont think that would work. youd have to pick a nonwhite home color, that no one else has as their road jersey.

14. codell

Crud ....good point ...

Yellow base with red lettering as a home uniform?

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Now, Im thinkin about a gray and light/sky blue, with maybe a little red in it. I have seen some like thatis board, and they were pretty good.