1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone get NBA Live 2003 yet??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EgRiFf08, Oct 13, 2002.

1. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

That was my big problem as well, only I didn't like how player's ratings changed from season to season. For instnace, I had Steve avg 16pt 3rb and 6 assists while playing for 2 min per qrt. I had better stats than any other player in the whole league, but the next season, my ratings (91 overall) pretty much stayed the same. It should have been like NBA2k where ratings go up and down during the season, and they are more dramatic changes in them.

If I were you, I would consider giving 2k3 a try.

2. EgRiFf08

EgRiFf08 Member

WOW...u really dont wanna know how many times trying to D/L games has screwed me over like this in the end!!...After u get it ur all excited..and when u run the program..your heart just drops!!

3. EgRiFf08

EgRiFf08 Member

HotRocket...thanks for the ratings....its gonna help

But, does anyone know any websites that work on cyberfaces?? They may have the actual Ming face up already.

4. The Veeg

The Veeg Contributing Member

I agree with that as well. I could live with it if it had better balance on the rating but what the hell, I don't write the software. Can you tell me the details to what 2k3 offers in franchise mode. Does it have things like scouting and trading draft picks et cetera... I'd really appreciate it!

5. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

I had the opportunity to play Live 2003, this weekend and it's not a basketball game. It should be NBA Jam. The analog part sucks, you can't really shoot jumpers, because everyone has a different shot, so you have to adjust for every player. I scored 94 points with Tracy McGrady, by going to the basketball and dunking one step inside the free throw line. The defense is too sensitive and so basically defense cannot be played on the game. If you want a basketball game get NBA 2k3. If you like Live invest in the PS versions and not the PS2 versions, if you like playing 5 on 5 regular realistic basketball NBA 2K3 is the game.:cool:

6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

In 2K3, you can trade 1st and 2nd round picks. The offseason is very much like NFL2K3. You see the retired players and then re-sign your players. After that, you prepare for the draft. They have mock drafts available as well. When you get to scouting, you must put how much money, or points, you want to put into scouting. The more money, the more workouts with the players. During the scouting, you pick from a list of players to workout with. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses. They also have stock, which goes up and down. You have like 3 or 4 weeks to scout and then the draft. You have like 5 minutes to pick your man and it goes from there.

After all that, you sign them and look at the FA list for key signings. Do you have enough for Gary Payton? You make the decision. Finally, training camp will start, and shortly after the season will as well. IMO, this franchise is VERY VERY GOOD!:D

7. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

Isn't there another nba game coming out soon?? not 2k3 or live

8. RC Cola

I think NBA Starting Five. Or maybe Nba Inside Drive 2003.

9. I h8 Logos

I h8 Logos Member

i went on kazaa, but dont download it until it comes out for pc in mid-november

10. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

like i said before. nba 2k. is the more realistic basketball game of the two. live 03 kinda reminds me of nba street only with five on five competition like the last guy said. but their both good nba basketball games. has anybody played nba starting five yet made by konami????? konami hasnt made a good basketball game since nba in the zone. oh and for the guy that says what difficulty i was playing on; my level was on three stars. hell the opponent scores basketts no matter what also. hell i literally had my hand in tracy mcgrady's face and he still scores buckets every trip. the only defense in live 03 is blocking shots, steals, and good luck. :( oh and if your ten feet from the basket 99.9 percent of the time, your shot is going in. lol

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i've had NBA Live since '95, but from what i hear i may switch to NBA 2k3.

does anyone know if 2K3 has a franchise mode that is similar to NBA Live? 2K1-2's franchise mode was really bad.

also, NBA Live has allways had better moves than NBA2k. 2k has like, 1 move button, and you dont know what move you are gonna do. Live has allways had a designated button for every move, and from what i hear, they have improved on that.

12. RC Cola

I didn't play the other 2k's really, but if you played NFL2k3, the franchise is like that. I talked about it on the previous page, I think.

As for the moves, I know what I'm doing when I use crossovers. When you tilt left, the crosseover will help you go left, tilt right/go right/, turbo is some kind of move, etc. They also added a juke step kind of thing. Its pretty much like Live's old juke step. (I think it was R2.) However, I will say Live has improved in their moves.

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

Have any of you guys played NBA Courtside 2002?

14. cujo

cujo Member

I have played Courtside. I think with some tweaking, this game can be very good. I wished they came out with one this year.

15. codell

codell Contributing Member

I didnt like it at call because i found myself being unable to keep the likes of Nesterovic from dunking on me 20 times a game.

Thats why I dont like it. The other team (controlled by the computer) just dunks all game long.

16. EgRiFf08

EgRiFf08 Member

man...why cant NBA 2K3 be out on PC???
    Wish i could afford a PS2 or Xbox!!!

17. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I just rented Live. It is awesome.

18. cujo

cujo Member

I really like the game too.....do you have the online adapter.....i'll play you online.:)

19. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

The new NBA2k3 rosters came out last night. You can dl them if you have a PS2 and an Network Adaptor. Yao Ming is in this update.

20. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

btw. if you have the Xbox version of NBA2k3, and you don't have Xbox live, they will have some sort of "roster update" program in the Dec. issue of Xbox magazine. It will be a CD thay you will install onto your Xbox.