1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone get NBA Live 2003 yet??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EgRiFf08, Oct 13, 2002.

1. EgRiFf08

EgRiFf08 Member

I just ordered my copy on easports.com and im salavating till Thursday when it finally comes!!

Couple of things im wondering for the lucky people already with the game...whats the rockets team rating? Whats Franchise's and Mobley's ratings?...And most of all...how is Yao Ming in the game, and whats his rating?....man this game is gonna be sick..im soo excited!!

2. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Ming is not in the game. He has not signed a contract yet and the cutoff was sometime in September. Honestly, read all the other posts about the game before posting and you would of known that he isn't in there.

3. Falcon54

Falcon54 Member

This game is fun, but plays too much like an arcade. Imagine 5 on 5 NBA Jam. Inside Drive is still the best.

4. Michael19P

Michael19P Member

I am just wondering why people think that video game topics are always so relevant to this forum. I am not a senior member or anything, just wondering. . . it seems like there is one every day or 2.

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

The main reason for that is basically all NBA licensed game has came out in the past week. Every gamer on here is really hyped up after the long off season. I for one, was really hyped up for NBA 2K3, got it last week, and havent been disapointed yet.

6. EgRiFf08

EgRiFf08 Member

sorry if i repeated the stuff...i havent been around the message boards lately...

but...when i get live how can i get yao in the game??...i know i can create him..but i want the exact cyberface for him along with the exact ratings

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I got it. It's pretty fun, but I havn't been able to play franchise yet because I'm at school and I don't have my memory card with me. My only complaint is that the dunking is a bit NBA Jamish and the sound effects of the dunks sound like somebody slamming a metal door shut. The dunks themselves aren't impossible, it just seems they attempt them in situations when a real player would go for a layup. They also make sure players aren't doing things they don't do, so you won't have Cato doing 360 dunks or anything. And Jordan can't dunk at all, even if he is all alone by the basket.

8. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

I found this information on the forums of nbalive.net.
    http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~nbalive/forum/messages/22666/25052.html?1034108957

Yao Ming
    Ratings:
    FG 85
    3pt 83
    Blk 85
    OReb 75
    Dreb 87
    Oawr 82
    Dawr 78
    Spd 65
    Quik 70
    str 82
    jmp 62
    dnk 76
    Ins 81
    Hardiness 72
    Inj 78
    Ovr 80 or 81

And I found this at gamefaqs.com
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/nba_live_2003_roster.txt

Yao Ming #11, C, 7-5, 296 lbs (game only goes up to 265), Sep 12, 1980, Shanghai China
    -Face (3), Hairstyle (15), Facial Hair (none), Head Shape (3), Eyes Shape (1), Nose Shape (1)
    -Lip Shape (2), Expression (Balanced), Bodytype (1), Muscle Definition (3)
    -Headband (Dark Red), Left Wrist Accessory (Band), Sock Length (Medium Low)
    -Sock Color (White), Kicks (1)

I tried using it in my game, and for what its worth, its a pretty good attempt at trying to put Ming in.

#8 HotRocket, Oct 13, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2002
  9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

This is actually not true. (btw, I know this not from you, HotRocket.) To get the game to go above 265, you must put a bigger body type on the player. If you change the body type to a 3 or 4, it will go further. Just wanted to add that. :)

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I think Ming should wear the #11 kicks. Coincidentaly, they look like the shoes he wore for the workout. White shoes with red patches on the side. I guess he wore the Shox.

11. I h8 Logos

I h8 Logos Member

i just finished downloading what i thought was nba live 2003 (which actually comes out november 15 or 16 for pc i just realized).

turns out it was some game called speed gt:mad: :mad: :mad: !!!

all that patience for nothing..now i gotta wait:mad: :mad: :mad:

12. Rocketman15

Rocketman15 Member

Has anyone played NBA 2K3 and Live 2003 for PS2 and know which is better in their opinion?

13. bacteria10

bacteria10 Member

If anyone is interested, there's a huge post on NBA DISH section of this forum. Go check it out. A lot of people commented on the game, and its characteristics against 2k3.

bacteria

14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Out of all the NBA 2003 games, I think Shootout sucks. Or the one that Ray Allen was playing on....the graphics BITE!

15. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

ever since the late 90s till now, sega's nba 2k series has put a beat down on ea sports nba live franchise. that is until now. i feel like this new nba live has finally created the better game by simply being creative. i mean damn they decided to use the analog stick for you to choose crossover move combinations. :eek: so if i wanna do a spin move, all i gotta do is move the anolog stick in a circle. if i wanna crossover i just move the analog stick from left to right.:eek: the only complaint i have about nba live 2003 is that its far from realistic. i mean i can hit a three pointer ten times in a row with the same exact player. this is really an offense oriented game compared to nba 2k3, where as it plays like an actual nba basketball game with isolation defenses and stuff. but live is still better. and plus i got a free music soundtrack cd that comes with the nba live game:D

16. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Well my NBA 2003 game stopped working all of a sudden, so I decided to return it and wait till it comes out for PC. That way I dont have to worry about roster patches or putting in a face that actually looks like Ming; I can just download them...

17. Gascon

Gascon Member

Are you playing on the highest difficulty setting? Just curious.

I've never tried NBA 2K because I've always blindly trusted EA SPORTS. Maybe I'll have to give it a go.

18. xcharged

xcharged Member

It's cool. Like playing in the old Red & Yellow jerseys.

19. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

I h8 Logos

Where did u download nba live 2003 for pc? damn i need a game,I live in sweden and they don ´t realease nba live 2003 and 2k3 and that really pisses me of!

20. The Veeg

The Veeg Contributing Member

Actually, I just got a copy of Live 03 and I really enjoyed the modifications in the gameplay over last years but to be honest, I'm really looking for a game that the franchise mode has been better thoughout.

Live 03 has disappointed me yet again with their horrible franchise mode. They made little to no improvement over last years version besides easier management and skipping through some of the BS that is unnecessary. The franchise mode has a serious issue with it, mainly the logic controlling the action of the players. If you start going through seasons you'll find that all the good players controlled by the computer seem to always sign for a minimum contract to play for one team (but they never want to play for your team for that cheap) and that team usually goes 78-4 or 80-2 or 82-0. This ruins the entire game and makes it impossible to build a championship dynasty. Very very disappointing.

Can someone recommend a game that has a more advanced franchise mode giving you more in-depth analysis and options to managing a team? I don't want to waste any more money. Thanks in advance.