1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans' Running Game is Awful

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jeff, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Gascon

Gascon Member

When I watch our offensive line, I have to sigh and tell myself it will be better when we have our two starting tackles back...one of which is going to the Hall of Fame.

When I watch our Runningbacks, I have to sigh and say the same thing.

When I watch our Wide Recievers, I have to sigh and think about the fact that, if the planets had alligned in just the right way, our starting two wideouts would have been Randy Moss and Terrell Owens.

:(

Oh well, at least we can afford to concentrate a bit more on the offense in next years draft. :)

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Yesterday, Jonathan Wells had 93 yards on 14 carries for an average of 6.6.

Compare to Eggerin James (a pretty good RB in his own right). He had 88 yards on 25 carries for an average of 3.5.

Wells did this without substantial help from the O-line. Not bad for a rookie with no O-line help. Wells could develop into quite a RB.

3. Gortok

Gortok Member

You can't compare Wells to James. Not for a long time. However, at 6'1" 243lbs. and the way he can stay on his feet after taking hits is exciting.

The anouncers during the game mentioned that some draft projections had him going in the 2nd round... He has great size; did he slip in the draft because of lack of playing he got at Ohio?

4. Not Chaney

Not Chaney Member

Wells played and contributed at Ohio State. He's gotten PT since he was a freshman.

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I make the comparison for the sole reason of illustrating that his stats on Sunday were pretty good.