1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Not unless it nets you a superstar and if he agrees to sign an extension.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No, I meant taking on all that debt to draft a rookie doesn't seem like a Morey move. To get a proven star, well yeah. I was just trying to say a package revolving around Martin isn't necessarily better than one revolving around Favors. Top picks are pretty hard to obtain.

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

The way I see it, its gonna be a bidding war between the Nets and Rockets.

The Bulls have taken themselves out because they are unwilling to give up Noah. The Knicks have no real assets that the Nuggets would be interested in. The Lakers seem satisfied with their current championship core and the Clippers really were there just for the LA factor.

My money is on Houston just for the simple fact that we have Morey in our corner.

4. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

We could offer them a top pick in the future because it seems like the Knicks, if they don't get Melo, will be a lottery bound team.

5. HorneR

HorneR Member

Late lottery is quite a bit different than a number two pick. Although, the Knicks are one injury to an already fragile star away from top 5 land. Either way, our picks are a gamble. One could argue that Favors is too, but his potential is clear. Our picks positions aren't.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The Nets can offer a draft pick as well. The Knicks pick will probably be in the lotto but it's not like it will be a top 3 pick or anything, unless they/we get lucky. They won 29 games last year. I don't see them winning less that that this year.

7. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-at-what-cost-a-look-at-what-teams-can-offer

not sure why he thinks Knicks can outbid us with Gallinari and Randolph...so I don't know if I can take anything in this article seriously...

He also says trading Brooks would defeat the purpose of us trading for Melo which I think we all disagree with.

He does say we won't deal Martin though, which confirms what Morey said earlier but contradicts what the sbnation report said.

All this speculation is killing me

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's bleacher report, pretty much the same thing as the repetitive dribble from ASidd, who posted the same "analysis" at least 50 times in this thread already.

2 people like this.
  9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

LOL! Too funny.

I'm guessing it's either Martin+Jeffries expiring+Budinger/Hill+pick or Brooks+Jeffries exp+Battier exp+Hill+pick

If Morey somehow pulls off a Melo trade with neither of those packages involved, then wow.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Ever since the suns wouldn't allow a physical on stoudemire, i've been wondering if his knee doesn't look much better than t-macs did 2 years ago.

That and their coach sucks (one of the most overrated coaches ever really)

11. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

can't also believe that the Nets are offering Favors, Murphy and Humphries..that's goin to be a big hole at the PF position.

12. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_16129520

13. dahuibili

dahuibili New Member

It depend on boss!

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

IMO, Les needs to make a deal with a Houston TV network to send Lala to NY, LA, Paris, Milan etc all the time as a reporter on every gala event for Houston (and possibly Chinese) women :p

The one thing she does seem good at is schmoozing.

15. Raven

Raven Member

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, it is not about winning it is about being famous....

Now, didn't we just trade a guy like that?

DD

17. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Say what you will about Vspan, but he was about to fulfill his potential!

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't believe the Rockets are after Melo, I think they are looking to keep the Knicks out and the price for him elevated.

DD

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

MAKE IT HAPP'N, CAP'N!!!!!!

20. landryfans

landryfans Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.