1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 118] Edgar vs Penn 2

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RoxSqaud, Aug 24, 2010.

?

Who wins Penn vs. Edgar?

1. BJ Penn

72.5%
  2. Frankie Edgar

27.5%
  1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

If you have amazing wrestling, you're pretty much going to win.

2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Says Bobby Lashley...

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

What's the over/under on Rogan saying Penn's legs are like arms in his next fight?

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The fight proved my point. James Toney had about as much of a chance of beating Randy as I do and Dana knew it.

I can assure you if Randy Couture started showing up and challenging top 5 heavyweight boxers during their fights he wouldn't get a pay-per-view matchup with them because it would be a joke just like last night's fight was. Toney didn't even have any warmup matches.

Do you really think it lends credibility to the sport that an MMA virgin like James Toney can step right in and headline the UFC's payperview fighting against a guy who is still probably a top 5 light heavyweight?

This all resembled pro wrestling so much that I half expected Don King to jump into the octagon, hit Randy over the head with a steel chair and then count him out.

5. Asian Sensation

I swear Edgar is a crackhead.

6. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

ive heard interviews were dana says he'd be lying if he didnt copy some of the stuff wrestling does. i'm not sure why the credibility is shot though. dana is putting people in that he knows is gonna sell tickets. kimbo slice got the same opportunity because he was an internet superstar. toney was a great boxer thus he can draw some boxing fans into mma by having him fight. lesnar the same way, gonna grab wrestling fans. it makes sense business wise. meanwhile boxing is still trying to get a manny/mayweather fight done and cant get it done.

7. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Got it exactly right! Too bad I didn't play a parlay, but I did play Edgar to win...

8. Prince

Prince Member

Great main event but the fight between the Natural and Toney was a STUPID MATCH.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

boxing is much more established than mma....dana is trying to get as much attention drawn to the sport from fight fans and the public as he can. i think you are being a little dramatic about this. it's not as if ufc is doing freak show matches on a regular basis like they did with pride and still do with dream in japan.

...and fwiw randy isn't a top 5 lhw anymore. he might be considered top 15 at best.

10. Asian Sensation

Nice job. Good call on Edgar being too quick. I really didn't notice just how quick Edgar was until after the 2nd fight started.