1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

There is a reason he was a journey men in the league.

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Well, Melo is no Tracy McLazy. Melo is the type that not only shoot but attack and very good at it too. He's physical and if you don't give him space...he's going to drive and get to the line...that is the different between him and Tracy. Tracy like to shoot or pass...hardly drive the ball to the basket and don't have the competitiveness like Melo. Melo is PERFECT imo!

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Lol former Kings and Rockets players admitted that Adelman's system is complex and took them a year or two to fully understand.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Just be ready for the letdown after all of this past 2 wks of excitement. :rolleyes:

5. gdenfield

gdenfield Member

I would love to see the team as is win a championship, and the team as is (as I'm defining it) includes a pretty healthy Yao. All we have to do is look back to 2 years ago when we gave the Lakers such a tough time. Yes, we also had Ron Artest, but it's not like Artest is a super-star of the caliber people are referring to here and the rest of our team has gotten a lot better since then. So just bringing Yao back, were he to be fully healthy, would be bringing in a superstar, and even without a 100% Yao I like this team's chances considering what happened 2 years ago.

6. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

The AI trade had more to do with salary than the Pistons thinking they were getting the better player in the deal.

7. Orion025

Orion025 Member

Agreed, if we had to make a comparison, there is no better place to look than in the past. The 94 Rockets.
    I kind of get where the OP is coming from, looking back at our team in 94, the feeling of winning the championship is more heartfelt. Overcoming the media favorite teams with more recognized stars as the underdogs. Putting our will, our hearts into each and every game. The clutch heroics. To me, that is why our championships were so meaningful and unforgettable.
    If, for example, we had the Heat's roster it would be amazingly fun to watch the possible domination, but winning the ship would just not mean as much.
    Back to the original topic. If you give me Melo without depleting the team, I take him. No questions asked. We'd be considered a legit contender rather than a possible one. An underdog contender, but I'm completely fine with that. Then we can start making comparisons to the 95 Rockets ;)

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The Pistons had 1 All-Star, Ben Wallace. Most of their players, especially Billups, got their notoriety from winning a championship.

9. blink

blink Contributing Member

see my post:

10. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

We are not getting Melo. I tried to stay positive,but we are being used as leverage or a team thrown in there so he doesnt "lebrond" the nuggets.

Imagine the backlash Melo would get if he goes public and says trade me to Knicks and only Knicks . He would be "lebrond"

By throwing in Houston, and now the rumor "i like houston more than Ny" makes the Knick thing less tampering. You have to remember that at his wedding he and paul mentioned going to knicks. He doesnt want to have tampering threats on his hands so he throws in Houston just to make himself look like a nice guy instead of "lebron"

If he wants to stay west,and win, why not join mavs,orleans,portland

portland could offer batum : roy/melo/aldridge would make melo happy
    mavs could offer beabois : butler/melo/dirk could make melo happy
    orleans could offer west : melo/paul would make melo happy

but he doesnt mention those teams, not even in rumors, he has NO ties to houston,no friends on our team (except maybe yao) and no connections to our staff or city.

Houston sure is an odd choice to throw in with Knicks/Nets,

I bet he goes Knicks for randolph. Thats why nothing has happened yet. Denver is waiting on the 60 day period to make trade for randolph. Sometime in September/oct trade goes down.

Randolph doesnt even fit in with amare. Same position. Randolph goes to Denver.

1 person likes this.
  11. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

Melo is dumb.

lala: thank you hubby for choosing knicks over that texas team

melo: i love you babe,anything for you babe

lala: i cant wait to work on times square

fast forward 6 months:

melo: damn my team fing SUCKS, amare blows without nash,coach is r****ded

lala: but but but i got a nice job hubby

melo: shut up b**** rockets just smoked my team why i listen to you i want divorce you ho

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Like Denver would trade it's superstar for a bag of peanuts and ruin the franchise. Houston will be the favorite because of what we have to offer.

13. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

the knicks need Randolph more than ever, Amare is about to turn into Knee-Mac.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

LOL at posters telling themselves Melo isn't coming to Houston already so they won't be as heart broken if that were the reality. Kinda reminds me of the time we got Artest in a trade same posters did this same thing.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

LOL at posters telling themselves Melo isn't coming to Houston already so they won't be as heart broken if that were the reality. Kinda reminds me of the time we got Artest in a trade same posters did this same thing before hand.

16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Something tells me you were actually speaking these words out loud while typing. Something else tells me that I should apologize to you, because you are making a list of people who don't agree with or mock you ala Steve
    Buscemi's character in Billy Madison.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

From everything i have gathered lately its becoming a higher and higher likelyhood he ends up a Rochet. Much higher than Bosh ever came to being one and already closer from his own attitude of wanting to be here in the first place. If it doesnt happen? So what but we would be better off it does and when. Denver just hired their GM according to reports. This is sounding like Houston is the destination. If its New York? Good luck and If its New Jersey? :rolleyes: Good luck. If its us? We should be thinking deep playoff run and Championships.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Another thing is you cant leverage a team that has more assets than the others and the star says he wants to play for. It doesnt work like that. Looks like Rockets and Carmelo Anthony. Get ready fans. :grin:

19. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Now is the time Morey..Denver hired their GM..get it done.

20. amaru

amaru Member

won't believe it until it actually happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.