1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The first regular season Texans pick-em - Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by A-Train, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

man, you sound like a HUGE cowboy fan. jesus, i hate the team, and yet, i seem to know more about them than you do...

2. Hey Now!

hmmmm.... three "flashes" out of five games, all foiled by the very things that usually befall a young, inexperienced team...

here are the only flashes i saw this preseason: nearly 11 quarters without an offensive touchdown during a four game stretch, less than 3 yards a carry rushing the football and too many dropped passes to count. i'd love to be wrong, but... i've seen nothing that makes me think this team has a 24-point game in them. at least, not in week 1.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Ok, I had a few mistakes. But you knew what I meant. I wasn't too sure about the O line, but think now, I know more than 2 or 3 have been injured. I meant to add in th starting line, because that is true. Larry's been hurt or hasn't played much, our starting center has been hurt, another rookie lineman has been hurt, and another one of our lineman got hurt recently. Most of our starting line has not been intact for the preseason, and they started getting hurt a lot near the end of the preseason, which was when Emmit played.

I also meant " I think he has yet to," not what I put. And Antoine and Antonio are close enough. I could of looked it up, but really didn't bother.

I would have put the names of the guys, but I didn't think you guys would care. I also could have added a lot more, but chose not to. And yes, I am a Cowboy fan. But the Texans are second, in my favorite football teams.

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I'm sorry, but the Texans aren't going to hang with anybody offensively for a while Cat.

The skill positions have a ways to go to scare anyone yet. Carr should be at least average, but expecting him to be a stud his rookie season with wrs who can't catch the ball and a horrible running game just wont get the job done. The D will be solid, but not spectacular imo. They wont be able to carry the teams to Ws conisistently.

I think later in the season someone is going to underestimate the Texans and that will lead to Ws, but it'll still be a long season, which should be good since there was such a long wait for them ;)

Don't get me wrong, I think the Texans are headed in the right direction so far, but they still need more talent and to season their rooks.

oh, prediction:

Cowboys - 27
    Texans - 10

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I don't care if the Texans are new as a team, I still will pick them to beat the bad team from Dallas.

Us- 20
    Them- 13

6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

As happy as I am to have the Texans, they are an expansion team and will have pitfalls which bestow expansion teams. My hope is that they stay competitive through 4 quarters, if they do that they will have something to build on.

Cowboys 28
    Texans 17

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Houston- 14
    Dallas- 13

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i like the optimism here...the fact is, the same criticisms being levelled at the Texans this year are the same ones we all would have said about the Patriots last year...in the NFL as it is today, if you have a good defense, you can hang around. "on any given sunday" a team can rise up and upset another. It's not like the Cowboys are getting big numbers from Vegas here...they're only picked by 8. Let's see what happens...a few mistakes by the Cowboys and the Texans will be in good shape.

9. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Let me help you out a little here.

You are correct sir. Larry had surgury on his left shoulder over the off season. He tweeked it in the preseason game against the Falcons but is expected to start on Sunday. Flozell Adams hurt his knee and will miss game one but will be ready for game two. Andre Gurode (starting rookie center) looked great before a slight leg injury. He's looked very dominant before getting hurt. He will also start game 1. Kelvin Garmon (RightGuard) had a concussion but played in the last preseason game and is expected to start against Houston. Then there is Solomon Page. He tweeked his knee, and has been out the last couple of preseason games but is also expected to start game 1. These are just the starters. Dallas has also had injuries to some of their backups. All of the players including the backups (except for Flozell the Hotel) will be ready to go on Sept. 8

Dallas is also talking about bringing in Darnay Scott, although he won't be signed until after game 1.

10. Hey Now!

kinda my point... a "fan" shouldn't have to look up the name of their starting wide receiver; it should be sewn onto the frontal lobe of their brain.

f-ing cowboy fans...

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Let the ignorance out baby. :rolleyes: Not all "f-ing cowboy fans" are the same.

Let me guess....we are still "bandwagoning" right?

12. RC Cola

Sorry, I guess I should know how to spell every players name, even rookies picked in every round. :rolleyes: I didn't really know much about him after the draft, and figured at best he was going to be our 3rd WR. (Joey, Rocket.)Obviously with the injuries, he will probably be moved up to 2nd by default, but I wasn't expecting HUGE things from him. I was pleasantly suprised by preseason, though. BTW, I guess guys can't call David Carr, Dave?

And to think, if I just said A.Bryant, you wouldn't have a problem. :)

That's good to hear. Wasn't very comfortable with 5 WR's.

#32 RC Cola, Sep 4, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2002
  13. RC Cola

I just wanted to bring MY prediction back so no one else would. I was wrong. Very wrong. And I am sad. Very sad. *sob* :(

14. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like Astro101 was closest with his 17-10 prediction. Nice job, Astro! :D

15. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Uh....better check my post too.