1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jared Dudley] Lebron to Knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by oldman, Jul 7, 2010.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't deny that he'll get even more media attention and hype playing in New York. But I don't own LeBron stock. I have no vested interest in his marketability. I assume you don't either. So why should we care?

Its one thing to say that you're a LeBron fan and you think NY gives him a better chance of winning a championship. But wanting him to play in NY because you think that will increase the incredible amount of hype he already generates doesn't make much sense to me. I probably misunderstood you.

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

You have restored my faith in you as a Rocket fan

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Good luck to them :). Yeah, that's one way to hedge your bets... when your rooting interest suffers, your wallet hopefully eases the pain. But you know, I'd rather have all of my interests lined up. More fun that way. Less conflicting feelings. :) If things suck, I want them to suck all the way.

One good thing about some of the FA movements is that it makes me curious to see how things turn out. Next season. Some strange experiments going on. Miami with or without Lebron. NY with Stoudemire and with or without Lebron. The reborn Nets. Utah without Boozer, etc.

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Uhh why all they're doing is the best job of hyping the LeBron brand to the illiterate demographic that spends millions on Britney Spears concerts and Justin Bieber shirts. Same people want to be a part of the LeBron show. He's an extremely talented player but what you have is a vacuous personality because he'll never face a day of adversity in his life and a media campaign reflecting that. It's not wrong or right, it's just how it is.

We the people are playing right into their hands by posting links to all the rumors they are intentionally leaking. It's like foreplay, you build and you build and you build up until the climax... which will be sometime between 9-10 EST tomorrow. And people want to feel like they're a part of it. Americans desperately need things to talk about because of the lack of culture so he'll get away with it, laughing all the way to the bank.

Ho, ho, ho!

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

agreed about the free agent movement. plus amare and boozer migrated east which helps the rockets.

not so sure about being a fan of things sucking all the way lol

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hmmm ... ok, I see your point.

I still want NY to suck, though. I guess I'm a Rockets fan before I'm an NBA fan. :)

8. t_mac1

we have morey, we'll always be highly competitive. i don't know why people are worried. i'm sure he'll work his magic and turn those picks (if they don't end up as high as we would have wanted) into a great trade or good players.

but for the most part, when the NBA does well, teams in general benefit.

look at the thunder? aren't we all cheering for them to explode (although they're in the same conference as us?).

we'll be fine.

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

LeBron is talented enough to win championships in any NBA city. I would like that city to be Cleveland. Cleveland needs LeBron James more than almost any professional sports town needs any star. Look at their sports history with the Cavs, Browns and Indians. If the best thing to happen to Cleveland sports(and a native son) leaves, you might as well drive a stake through the heart of every Cleveland sports fan for a long time.

10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

While lebron is not one of my favorite players and I have no vest interest in his marketability, I would very much care if he goes to the knicks. For the simply reason that I believe, lebron on the Knicks is NBA equivalent of the Yankees being successful in MLB. I'm a fan of the NBA and the bigger the sport is, the more successful, exciting and intriguing it is, the happier I am in that respect.

Of course if in 5 years I come to hate lebron and the knicks as much as i currently hate the Yankees... i reserve the right to change my opinion. :grin:

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

do you prefer the lakers win a championship (big market) than the rockets win a championship (small market) just because its better for the league and you are an NBA fan?

do you prefer Lebron going to the knicks (or any big market) than he playing for the rockets just because you want the best players play for the big markets teams?

13. t_mac1

no he's not. no single player is. even jordan needed another superstar (pippen) + depth before he won.

lebron has proven he can take a team to the best record in the L. but he needs help in the playoffs. with the current taem the cavs have, they're NOT going to win anytime soon.

and like i said, free agents have openly REJECTED to playing in cleveland. lebron understands that. i don't think any superstar in their prime would want to play in cleveland outside of lebron.

so no, he's making the right choice of leaving cleveland (if he does indeed leave cleveland).

the only reason he would decide to stay is b/c of the fans. there's no other rational reason for him to choose cleveland.

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

15. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

UPDATE: JaredDudley619

"RT @iamdiddy: Breaking news!!! Lebron signs with the Knicks!! I just saw him leaving the knicks owners house!!! He lives next door to me!!! "

weak

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I wasn't assuming he would do it alone. Cleveland(or any city) just needs a savvy GM that can get him a second banana.