1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Newsday] LeBron to Sign with Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets934life, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Asian Sensation

Didn't mean to come off as sounding hostile ;) I just really wonder if Lebron has the patience to not win a ring anytime soon. I can't describe the exact feeling he's going through but I'm thinking it's something like getting so close to getting laid for the first time only it didn't happen for one reason or another. I'm not sure how much more he can take. His biological clock to produce a chip is ticking.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think this will be a very good team. These aren't selfish players.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You really think so? They will be a great team but it really isn't fun when they whip up on teams for 82 games. It's never fun when all the talent is consolidated on 5 teams. there will only be a handful of watchable games until the playoffs.

This wont be good for the NBA IMO.

4. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

Its kinda funny how ESPN keeps hyping up the Miami scenario....makes me think that he is indeed going to NY.

ESPN is really playing the NY rumors down in order to create more of a shock to the average viewer during their broadcast tomorrow when LeBron announces hes joining Amare. I really hope I'm wrong though.

5. showtang043

showtang043 Member

Yea this is just lebron james feeding media different options to keep it exciting, he kept it a secret for two years, worked to get this primetime spot for 2 months, and all of a sudden it slips before the night before? Please this is just more of the game he is playing...just milking it for whatever he can and espn plays along holding his sack for him wile he walks....Its cleveland with a short doubtful chance of NYC or Brooklyn

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Lakers...celtics...lakers....lakers....spurs...lakers....celtics....spurs....lakers.....

MIAMI HEAT.....

shake some **** up....

7. Rover16

Rover16 Member

If houston doesn't want yao anymore, I'd like to see him join the big 3 for mle next year. Afterall they need a center. :cool:

8. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

creepy, I had the same dream, must be reading too much about the free agency.....

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If they are going to be selfish drama queens then I want to see them do it together. The Heat could either become an exciting dynasty, or a flop. Why would James go to Cleveland to be not quite good enough, or start over with the Knicks? To me, if he is going to go for the gusto, go to Miami with Bosh and Wade. I will then smile happily when the Rockets go down there and beat that glittery, superstar laden ass.

10. il italiano

il italiano Member

11. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

it said that he is leaning towards them ..i wont beleive it till he says that with his actual words...o yah and wrong dish

12. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Why post this in the GARM? This has nothing to do with the Rockets.

13. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

I want this to happen -- it'd be hilarious to see Wade take 4 steps no dribble and pass to LeBron, who takes another 5 steps no dribble and goes for a layup.

14. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

yea i think we are all tired of these attention whores.

lebron: "before i make the announcement that i had over a year to make, let me pet a couple of children so taht it seems like its not all about me. ok good get one of every race. what do you mean you couldnt find an asian one??? Oh well..."

F-ing ridiculous. I guess its just me being mad at bosh for not coming. I mean I hate the world cup after my team gets booted out. I get fed up with hearing about it. I guess the same principle applies here.

15. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

How many championships do you guys think they can win? To put it into perspective, Jordon won his last championship at 35. The oldest of the trio is Wade at 28, the age when Jordon got his first. Let's assume that they're as dominant as we imagine they would be. Jordan took two years off, so they could have 8 championships by the time Wade is 35. James would be 32, Bosh 33 at that time. That leaves room for at least 3 more championships before James hits 35...meaning they could win 11 championships?!?!?!?!?!

Haha, I'm just sayin ;)

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This could suck royally.

Phil Jackson is finally fixing to retire soon. Now, you have the other snake in Pat Riley coming along trying to string together a few championships.

Sigh. Wake me up for the NFL season.

#96 sammy, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Wow its Over Miami are the 2010-2011 Champions if this happens.

18. cavevato

cavevato Member

Wow if this turns out to be true. For so long the Rockets where considered contenders, with Yao and Tracy making a pretty good duo. All they need was that third guy to help them get to the Promised land. Now Miami could have that right outta the gate. I dont know the specifics of the Heat roster but I think they could get some pretty good role players to fill out the squad. What if James takes Ilgauskas with him(is he a free agent?) They could sign Von Wafer, TMac, Barnes, Randy Foye, Shaun Livingston and some other very serviceable free agents.

19. dback816

dback816 Member

Hahaha I wouldn't mind seeing this coming true, it would be the most loaded team in the entire league.

Sign some random scrubs, and they might even emerge as good players under their wings like Rondo did under Boston's Big 3.

20. davestrate

davestrate Member

Same here the only difference is mine was a DAY-dream and it happened early this morning....