1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bad Info] Houston Rockets have offer on table for 6th pick & Anthony Randolph?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kapeci8, Jun 1, 2010.

?

BOSH AND RANDOLPH or ARIZONA?

1. bosh and randolph

119 vote(s)
    85.6%
  2. budinger and hill

20 vote(s)
    14.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Clutch asked him if he's sure he saw it on NBA TV...so far no response..

IMO, this would be a pretty significant trade...I'm surprised I haven't seen this news anywhere else.

IF this is true, I'm with DD...anybody but C-Bud please!...but of course if the Rockets have no choice but to give him up for this deal, then I say do it. I saw a post earlier about Randolph possibly being a Lamar Odom type player, and I 100% agree...we need a player like Randolph, and I don't believe he'll come in, with a respected coach like Adelman and have a bad attitude. We'd still be able to draft a decent player @ #6 to replace Budinger.

Assuming from this article...Warriors could be shopping Randolph and the pick.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_15121806?source=rss

I like this dude..Paul George..he plays both sides of the court..can finish with either hand, 6'7 that can really shoot...The dude seems like he can ball. Will give us the same highlight reels as Budinger with his tremendous athletic ability.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERcmFdlrrXY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERcmFdlrrXY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. rocketnam

rocketnam Member

Budinger stays!!! Send Ariza or Brooks.Budingers' talent level will rise fast as his minutes do.

3. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

i would love to see this trade to go down if the throw in is someone more like taylor or lull instead of CBud. If so that would give us this:

Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/CBud
    Battier/Ariza
    Scola/Randolf
    Yao/Hill

+ 6th pick!!!

That line-up looks pretty amazing too me.
    Starters look like our team from a few years back except martin for tmac. and the bench would be the best in the NBA. athletic, love to run, young, and very good defensively. I almost like this move better than putting all of our eggs with the hopes of a bosh deal. Make it happen Morey!!!

4. hahachui

hahachui Member

i dont know why many people here want to throw in Hill intead of Cbud in this deal

Cbud is more easily to be replaced....no one can do what jordan hill do in this team now. Hill's potential >> cbud's

5. amaru

amaru Member

wow.......sounds like a good deal.

hmm.....interesting indeed.

6. blink

blink Contributing Member

do this deal. cbud is replaceable.

7. Trip

Trip Member

I call BS on this rumor. There's been nothing online about this; you'd think Stein would have at least put this on twitter by now. Just the OP trying to stir something up through the old "I saw this being reported on ____" method.

8. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

Randolf reminds me of a Rajon Rondo personality. I think in the right situation everything will begin to click for Randolf and he will begin to live up to his full potential. Luis Scola and Chuck Hayes can be huge for this guys development.

I love Chase but if this rumor is true I think it is a risk we should take.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

freakin crazy.....yesterday i had a dream that we made a trade with the warriors. i saw the headline flash on tv in my dream and i woke up and checked clutchfans, but no news lol. now there is news of us maybe making a trade with gsw. would be an awesome deal if this trade goes down imo.

and fwiw the deal in my dream was us getting their pick and maggette for battier and we didn't have to give our pick. they were doing it just to get out of maggette's garbage contract. i wasn't too happy with getting maggette, but i would love this deal.

10. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

It's funny that people are holding onto Bud like he is the next great thing. Shooting 44% from the field and 36.9% from 3 is nice but not untradeable.

Something that Morey has definitely proven is his ability to find athletic wings to fill out the roster.

It's funny that the same people who were saying getting rid of Von was the wrong thing to do are now on the Bud is Great train. Well, if Von was on the team last year, Chase wouldn't have played. And before that, if Gerald Green didn't blow away his chances, Von wouldn't have been on the roster.

Just like if V-Span was actually good. AB wouldn't be playing.

Sorry, this love affair from particular posters on the latest fad is getting old.

1 person likes this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Do the deal, 6th pick is the most valuable asset in this deal (unless you think the Knicks pick is).

In terms of trade value, it goes

1. 6th
    2. Randolph
    3. Budinger
    4. 14th pick

with the Knicks pick being the wild card, could be the most valuable at the same time could be least valuable.

12. Raven

Raven Member

You keep Chase, because his value hasn't peaked. In another year, I think he'll be worth much more.

13. fattz

fattz Member

Everyone is talking about Randolph mindset. He is a young big playing for Don Nelson; Yrr that is a young big playing for Don Nelson. It is nice to see him get a chance - NEW TEAM, NEW COACH, NEW START. He is still talented. If he comes to the Rockets OMG Randolph, Hill with Ming good luck in the paint.
    If it takes CBud & Brooks do it!

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would rather have this deal than Bosh, to be honest with you.

I LOVE watching youth develop on the Rockets.

15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Even though I agree that the Knicks 2012 pick is a wild card, I don't think it could be the most valuable asset. IMO it's definitely less valuable than this year's 6th pick, because

1. Knicks 2012 pick is top 5 protected, meaning the highest we can get is 6th.
    2. Even if all the stars lined up right and we ended up with 2012's 6th, I doubt 2012 draft will be as strong as this year's draft.

16. towW

towW Member

+ someone mentioned the Knicks 2012 pick is top 5 protected. Meaning 6 is the highest that pick could be and this trade would be maximizing that Knicks pick and pushing the development of that player a few years ahead(because we would be picking that player this draft instead of 2012).

17. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

18. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

can you imagine budinger's stats on a shoot first warriors team? lol, he'd be in the running for scoring champion.

19. thametall89

thametall89 Member

I like Randolph a lot and with a coach who isn't crazy like Nelson, I think he could be a heck of a player

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

So the 6th pick is guaranteed to be better than Bosh?

Yes right now Chris Bosh is better than whoever is the 6th pick. Will the 6th pick end up being a better player than Bosh who knows?

But to ask is Bosh better than some unknown 6th pick is pretty silly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.