1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Front License plates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SuperBeeKay, May 9, 2010.

1. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

I THINK the front one is not required in Louisiana. I thought I remember when I moved from LA to TX we had to go through the pain of getting the front ones tacked on since the cars purchased in LA didn't come with a license plate holder since it wasn't required there. /C.S.B.

2. htownballa23

htownballa23 Contributing Member

There was this truck that got caught a few years ago where the license plate would flip inside and be hidden. The dude got caught after racking up a few thousand dollars in fines and tolls saved. I can't remember what state that was in though.

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Most cops don't care. As others have said, you'll find one that will be a stickler. I drive around with no front plate and illegal limo tint but most cops don't care about that either. I figure if I ever get pulled over I just roll down all 4 windows. They're just worried about their safety, re: the tint, so I roll down the windows to alleviate that.

4. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

They are not required in Louisiana. I went through the same deal when I bought my car from my aunt in Louisiana. No front plates, and I drove without one for about 3 years with no problems. I did eventually get pulled over for it, and now my front plate is attached with a complex system involving shoestrings.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You can get motorized plates here, too. Heck, I don't see why you couldn't get them anywhere.

6. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Having them on the front is beneficial for both cops and citizens. It makes it easier to take down someone's license plate in case of a hit and run, robbery or crime being committed. You can still have a view of the license plate whether you're in front or behind the car.