1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONIC] Decision to trade Landry proves emotional for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 19, 2010.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Great guy, great player...he left his heart (and his teeth) out on the court. Going to be missed, will be rooting for the guy forever.

2. Asian Sensation

Don't worry guys. He will be back. As much as we miss him I'm sure he misses Houston, his teammates and the fans just as much if not more. I think it's especially tough for Landry because this is his first time being traded and we saw his transformation from a young unknown player to the beastly artist known as Mandry. I just hope he doesn't blow up too big in Sacramento for selfish reasons :)

3. Dei

Dei Member

Wow. All that's left is to give Dorsey a knee to the groin.

4. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Carl Landry, we love you. Thanks for giving us all your heart and hard work and determination. You gave us everything, including your teeth. Hopefully you will come back to us one day. Good luck in Sacramento bro.. :cool:

5. Clutchster

Clutchster Member

I hope we aggressively try to get Landry back. The good thing is Kings are my 2nd favorite team.

6. bloop

bloop Member

This may be the best thing for Carl if you're actually a Mandry fan.

Many say that he's hit his ceiling but maybe he has even more to show, now that he wont split time with Scola.

This could be what lets him develop into a true all star.

7. leungevity

leungevity Member

I don't really watch the Kings, but Landry is starting over there right? If so, I would think he's pretty stoked for the opportunity.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm not surprised to see Morey feel so sentimental towards his players. Unlike your typical GM, Morey entered the NBA through more or less sheer fanboyism. You can see how much he takes more of a fan approach to viewing the team/players in general.

Also, I think Landry/Brooks/Scola is kind of special for Morey because they're really his first offseason acquisitions. It's both amazing and sad that Landry went from a 2nd round pick to the central component in acquiring a top level talent. This is how you build up talent.

9. bloop

bloop Member

yes Paul Westphal has Mandry starting at PF along with Jason Thompson at center.

I'm definitely going to watch this game somewhere, see how Mandry does. he might regress from playing more minutes but I think you've going to see him develop more facets to his game over the next season

10. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

Yeah, exactly. This is Moneyball. You stockpile young talent through the draft, show it off, and wait for a big deal to pop up. I thought it would be a few more seasons before it was running on all cylinders, but Morey never sleeps.

11. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Morey is not a guy that typically shows any emotion toward the players and I'm very glad that he did it. In some ways it's small consolation since we lost, who I felt, was our best player. I'm really going to hate seeing the guy in another uniform but hope that he can always keep being happy Carl. I'd love to see him back and am incredibly sad to see this guy go; Sacramento got the best player in this deal, but in the end I think that there was too much to gain to let it pass by. Morey's kept us all on edge recently and had us all wondering what would happen, but I have to give it to the man, he gets it done.

12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

the reality of it is prolly some team is gonna throw landry the max if he continues to improve in the future, unless the rockets are willing to free-agent battle away. i hope like hell landry is loyal enough to sign back with us.

13. Rocketfanatic2

Being a huge fan of Carl Landry, it kills me inside to see him go. Unfortunately, I don't even think that it has hit me yet. In a few games, I'll already be thinking "Hey, why isn't Carl in there?" Only to remember that he is a King now. :( Not only was he a great player, but a great human being to have on the team. I was fortunate enough to meet him two times, and let me tell you, he is by far one of the most respectul young individuals in this league. If I ever get the chance to go to a game against the Kings @ Toyota Center, I am going to give him a very long and loud standing ovation. Carl Landry, you will be greatly missed by many Rockets fans.

14. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

will root for this guy the rest of his career, he got us a great player in martin, sacrificing his love for this city and fans...........

would be really sad if martin could not get us to the finals......

15. Olajuwon34

Olajuwon34 Member

I really admired the way Landry played. But truth be told, I'd have felt horrible had it been Scola, too. So obviously we had to lose someone to get a good scoring guard like Martin. It just sucks to lose Carl, because hes a total team player.

Martin has some big shoes to fill, thats for sure.

16. kwng

kwng Member

It's sad to see Landry got traded and I am not happy about the trade at all.