1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Agent Keon Clark busted with Pot

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Houstone, Jul 30, 2002.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True Toz, there are as many dumbasses in professional leagues as there are in civilian life.

DaDakota

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

DaDakota,

I generally agree with you on many of you posts and respect you opinion which is usually stated rather eloquently and succinct. My question to you is... do you drink? If you don't good for you, you are healthier with out it, but a large portion of Americans enjoy Alcohol and/or Pot for recreation use. Both have harmful side effects on the body, but that fact hardly makes the MILLIONS of Americans that use Alcohol OR Pot all dumbasses. KClark was a dumbass because the joint he got caught with probably cost him millions. What he decides to do in his free time with his own body is HIS business, not yours or mine.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What a ****ing r****d. He must've been depressed over his FA status to drive it down even lower.

4. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

VooDooPope DaDakota,I generally agree with you on many of you posts and respect you opinion which is usually stated rather eloquently and succinct. My question to you is... do you drink? If you don't good for you, you are healthier with out it, but a large portion of Americans enjoy Alcohol and/or Pot for recreation use. Both have harmful side effects on the body, but that fact hardly makes the MILLIONS of Americans that use Alcohol OR Pot all dumbasses. KClark was a dumbass because the joint he got caught with probably cost him millions. What he decides to do in his free time with his own body is HIS business, not yours or mine.

Umm...not exactly. I know a lot of you smoke pot, and enjoy propping Mo Taylor and Lamar Odom and etc., but... it is illegal. It's not very smart to smoke pot when you are a newly-minted free agent. One could lay off. The drug war may be stupid, but stupid is as stupid does, as Forrest used to say.

I hope he gets Iverson's lawyer.

Keon would be a nice MCE player, esp. now that his contract value went to $h!*. Perfectly reasonable Cato insurance. I'd bet we could find a taker for Collier's expiring contract somewhere that needs cap room.

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Pasox2 -

1. "I know a lot of you smoke pot" - You don't know that I smoke pot (which I don't) all you know is I support a person's right to do with their body as they wish.

2. "enjoy propping Mo Taylor and Lamar Odom" - You won't find me propping either Odom or Taylor on anything other than their basketball talent, or lack thereof on this board.

3. "it is illegal" - Yes it is so is speeding. Do you speed? Speeding kills more people than Pot does. You speed, you get caught, You get a ticket. You get caught with a joint, you get a ticket, misdemenor, same as speeding.

4. "It's not very smart to smoke pot when you are a newly-minted free agent. One could lay off." - My point exactly. We agree.

5. "I hope he gets Iverson's lawyer." - It's a ticket... He's not doing jail time. Even with diminished value on the Free Agent Market he's going to be able to afford the $250 and $1,500 fine.

6. "Keon would be a nice MCE player" - We agree again. He's a nice ballplayer and would be good insurance at the MCE. Even if he on occasion drinks or smokes.

I'm through defending a persons right to do with their body as they wish. Some people think the govenment should legislate morality and I'm not one of them.

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

As long as I don't have to smell that nasty stench whenever I leave my house and go out in public, people can do whatever the hell they want. It's bad enough I have to inhale cigarette smoke against my will.