1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Durant becomes the scoring champ this year...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

He should win MVP and Scottie Brooks COY, MIP would be between him, Brooks and some1 else I can't think of right now.

Can some1 tell me how Durant is handling all this, is he being humble, realistic, starting to get an ego or already lost thus cocky ?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Durant was the 2nd pick of the draft after Oden. The Blazers messed up.

3. htownballa23

htownballa23 Contributing Member

What??

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

hwaaaaaaaaaat?? you mad

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't know about all this MVP talk... he is Mitch Richmond tier at best right now.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

mitch richmond was very good for several years. but kevin durant is no mitch richmond.

7. mazyar

mazyar Member

I have been following the Thunder team very very closely as of late. I can tell you that I am really impressed with his character. He is not showing any of the bad traits that you listed above. As a matter of fact that seems to be the case for the entire Thunder team.

I am starting to become a HUGE Thunder fan.

8. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Nah Wilt isn't the best. He played against scrubs. The best player in NBA history is Hakeem :)

9. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Well he did come from Texas.

10. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

IMO opinion KD is better than LBJ. Kd has started with a scrub team just like lebron did BUT Durants in the western conference which does make a difference.

11. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

haha, it's funny cause it's t-mac he's chasing right now, T-mac is currently the youngest scoring champ since the merging with the ABA. So perhaps if he surpasses t-mac this season it's foreshadowing the rest of his career.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He's from the D.C. area, not Texas. He only went to UT for one year.

13. lalala902102001

KD is certainly making his way to the elite status, but Lebron is by far the best player in the league. There is no comparison, at least not now.

14. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

people are overly contrasting upcoming players to the Hof, people often forgot everyone got their own style, no two players are exactly alike.
    Scoring champ don't matter, its all about the ring, i'm sure player would trade they mvp trophy for a ring.

15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

You can't mention this kid and MJ in the same sentence. MJ at his age (21-22) averaged 28 points on 51.5% shooting. Aside from that he averaged 6.5 rebounds and 5.9 assists. Got to the playoffs and was voted an all-star. All this when he was 21-22. No comparison.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm Kevin Durant is 21 right now averaging 29.7 points on .485 shooting. its not that far off. (with 7.3 rebounds and 3 assists) pushing for the playoffs.

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

What did he average as a rookie? Because those were Jordan's numbers as soon as he got to the league.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Does it matter? Are you saying since Durant got in the league sooner he has an advantage of having more years in the NBA? They are the same age, that's the point. It's not like Durant's gonna retire sooner because he got into the NBA sooner. Or it's not like Durant has more experience cause Jordan's runs in the NCAA were pretty valuable too.

19. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Of course it matters. Playing in the NBA is entirely different than playing in the NCAA or any other league since the competition is better and the rules are different. Having a year under your belt playing in the NBA is an invaluable experience since you get used to all these new things. Just because they are the same age doesn't mean that that you can discount their experiences to that point.

I'm not saying that Jordan's NCAA experience should be dismissed, just that nothing can replace a year in the NBA, not even more years in college ball. I would compare them (jordan and durant) not by achievements at the same age, but by the amount of years they've been in the NBA.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think he's more like carmello than mj or lebron. I think he's a scorer and can do that well though and its nothing rong with that.