1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Walmart Employee Assaulted (w/video)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kim, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

So the story as I know it so far:

Dude walks out of Walmart with bag and the greeter asks for receipt. Dude just walks past and supposedly the alarm goes off. Dude walks to car and greeter chases after him to write down car info on his clipboard. Dude walks back to grab clipboard. Fight ensues.

Dude is young; greeter is old. Cops called and arrested dude for 5th degree felony assault for beating someone over 65. No one was seriously hurt. Dude DID NOT steal anything btw.

IMO, charges will be reduced. It's clear from video that dude grabbed the clipboard, but to me, it looks like old greeter threw the first punch. News, police, and Walmart are all teaming up against the young punk and trumping up the charges. News states greeter was "defending himself" and dude "punched the greeter". Video to me shows that greeter could have easily called security and was not in danger until he threw the first punch.

A good lawyer would sue the greeter and walmart and get the charges reduced.

Linky
    http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/crime/122809man-arrested-for-attacking-walmart-greeter

Video
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="video" width="320" height="280" data="http://www.myfoxorlando.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=4747"><param value="http://www.myfoxorlando.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=4747" name="movie"/><param value="&skin=MP1ExternalAll-MFL.swf&embed=true&adSrc=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2Fadx%2Ftsg%2Ewofl%2Fnews%2Fcrime%2Fdetail%3Bdcmt%3Dtext%2Fxml%3Bpos%3D%3Btile%3D2%3Bfname%3D122809man%2Darrested%2Dfor%2Dattacking%2Dwalmart%2Dgreeter%3Bloc%3Dsite%3Bsz%3D320x240%3Bord%3D4737749013178424%3Frand%3D0%2E2135795566488793&flv=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyfoxorlando%2Ecom%2Ffeeds%2FoutboundFeed%3FobfType%3DVIDEO%5FPLAYER%5FSMIL%5FFEED%26componentId%3D131327427&img=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia2%2Emyfoxorlando%2Ecom%2F%2Fphoto%2F2009%2F12%2F29%2F122909walmart%5F20091229064336%5F640%5F480%2EJPG&story=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyfoxorlando%2Ecom%2Fdpp%2Fnews%2Fcrime%2F122809man%2Darrested%2Dfor%2Dattacking%2Dwalmart%2Dgreeter" name="FlashVars"/><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"/><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"/></object>

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I read on some Consumer Advocate website that you don't actually have to allow anyone check your receipt at any of these stores. Like at Fry's, Sam's, BJ's, Costco, etc.. You can just walk past, but most folks stop thinking it is part of the deal of shopping at that particular store.

3. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

what is the point of letting them check my recipe? they never dig through my stuff to verify everything is legit anyway...

4. Mr. Brightside

What if you baked the cookies wrong? Or if someone had a peanut allergy?

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

1st rule of retail.... never chase the thief.... nothing good can come from that.

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Dude wasn't a thief though. He was just a punk who got pissed off at an old walmart employee.

7. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Some places have amended their membership contracts to include a clause stating you agree to getting your cart/receipt checked before walking out.

8. Mr. Brightside

I agree. What does the old Walmart greeter have to gain by doing this? Maybe just a free coffee on his next lunch break. The downside is getting assaulted, popped in the face or being run over.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Once I pay for my stuff, it's mine. No one should be allowed to touch if I don't want them to.

10. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Smart, the real thief got a way.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I know right? Shoot if I worked at Walmart and some dude runs out with a plasma who cares, its not my plasma. Its not like he is going to kill my father and I get bitten by as spider.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What if you didn't pay for it? How do we know? ;)

Can mlwoo touch your meat, though? :confused:

13. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

I used to work at Best Buy loss prevention in my youth. You don't have to stop and show anyone your receipt except for Sams (it's part of the membership agreement you sign to shop there). Most people don't realize this.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

I was with my little cousin once heading out of walmart, I had just finished paying for w/e I had gotten and my little cousin grabbed the bag and started walking ahead of me. I got my receipt and started walking a few feet behind my cousin who was near the door, this old guy asked my cousin for the receipt but my cousin did not understand him because he did not know english so he just kept walking. The old man grabbed my cousin by the shirt and pulled him, that really really made me angry so I went and slapped his hand off my cousin and got in front of him like wtf? the receipt is right here man what is wrong with you? he just looked at me and said ah just go.... I was really angry so I gave him a few words. I dont have a problem with them checking my receipt but they should be more careful and ask a few times before they go on to aggression, if he would have asked a second time calmly I could have let him known hey he is with me and the recepit is right here buddy... ( I dont not condone punking old men or anyone period :) )

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Looks like the old dude was trying to take the dude down first. The guy could sue for dafamation.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

[II] ....

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Definitely the old guys fault...wtf was he doing? He's lucky he didnt get his ass beat harder, that young dude was just protecting himself from the blindside attack.

18. Asian Sensation

Getting minimum wage AND FIGHTING on behalf of WalMart? No wonder why the old tard works there.

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I never knew that you didn't have to show your receipt at these places except for Sam's. I won't be doing it anymore. They always ask me for my receipt at Best Buy and Wal-Mart, but let other people (usually white males and females) who are leaving the store with merchandise before and after me just walk out without checking their receipt. It upsets me and I usually ask why didn't you ask them for their receipt and they either act like they didn't see them or mumble something incoherent under their breath.

20. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

So we don't have to do this at Frys?

Most of the time there is a line that forms up while they check receipts and I hate waiting in that line.