1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USA Today: Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by just_lurking, Dec 21, 2009.

1. just_lurking

just_lurking Member

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

35,000 songs on his iPod? I wonder if he paid for those. :grin:

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Last book read: "I haven't read a book since I've been in college" at Oregon.

That's depressing.

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

To be fair their (NBA players) lifestyle isn't conducive to reading books. It's game, practice, lift, eat, sleep. When they aren't doing that they go out and club or something. There's not that much time for them to sit around, especially given that they all seem to love taking naps.

5. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

and He's not the 1st person I've heard say that....I don't understand people not reading a book, just doesn't sound normal :confused:

6. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Maybe the guy is busy working is butt off during summers. NBA players barely have time to spend with their family imagine reading books lol. Maybe he could read during road trips but that's it.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm the 37 years old and the last fiction book I've read other than harry potter was in highschool.

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Between the games,practice,lifting,film study and having a family, there isn't a lot of time. Maybe he values his rest or workouts in the summer. His job is pro basketball player and maybe later he will read more. I know doctors and lawyers that don't read much anymore.

9. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Last Book I really read was in middle school.. Am a sophmore in college and I tend to look over books and not read them

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Books? The total number of words I've read in Clutchfans posts is like 12546 times the number of words I've ever read in books.

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Mine's probably more

12. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Most depressing series of replies ever. I read everytime I am in bed or on the toilet. If I got on a plane or a bus without a book, I have no idea what I would do. In fact, I plan for it. Only an emergency would get me on mass transit without a book, and maybe not even that. The life of an athelete is extremely conducive to a very active reading life.

Any doctor or lawyer not reading is not making the most of REQUIRED continuing education and is likely not very good at their vocation. Likewise with any student not reading. You can't be learning squat. Wow.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

[rquoter]Last meal you cooked: "Ramen noodles with a little bit of broccoli and the perfect amount of seasoning — a little salt, pepper and garlic salt. I do it quite frequently. That's the only thing I can make. That and cereal."[/rquoter]

A millionaire and still eating Ramen. :grin:

14. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

15. 523744

523744 Member

You know theres this thing called the internet most people in the 21st century get their information off of said source. You'd be surprised at the number of people that dont read books (me being one of them)

16. Bigdaddy210121

Alot of people don't read books anymore. My kid is in 4th grade and don't even have text books anymore, everything is on computers and the internet now...

17. blactrs2

blactrs2 Member

i wish i read more books but a lot of children dont grow up in environments that encourage reading (me being one) and you kind of miss out on it. i mean its never too late, i read now however its difficult as in im overwhelmed when i enter a book store. there are so many things im interested in that i dont kno where to start and on top pf that even if you find a book about something you're in to it still may end up being a boring read and i can not deal with reading anything boring. there are many factors that play into whether or not a person reads..if you discover the joys of it too late then its really hard to get into it (in my case)

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't read much. I haven't read a whole book since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

19. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

For people in this generation, its music or books. What do you think the young crowd would choose?

20. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

And thus the stream of bad grammar and spelling, faulty logic and the apparently unashamed participants in a contest vying to prove who is the most unlettered. Where is the emoticon for the ho hum sigh of ennui?