1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Landry Making a Serious Shout for the 6th man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry92, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Landry92

Landry92 Member

It's too early to be talkin personal award bt since people are talkin 2010 free agency since 2008, why not ?!
    Landr has been phenomenal all year coming off the bench for a big man ..
    G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF TOT APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
    21 0 26.0 .569 .000 .883 2.50 3.60 6.10 .6 .52 .90 1.52 3.10 16.1

Other Compiteers include

J Crawford = 16.3 PTS .. 2.7 AST .. 1.9 REB
    J Terry = 17.7 PTS ... 3.4 AST .. 1.9 REB
    JR Smith = 14.7 PTS .. 2.5 AST .. 2.8 REB
    STATSWISE Maggette = 15.4 PTS ... 1.9 AST .. 5.3 REB
    L Ridnour = 11.4 PTS .. 4.5 AST .. 2.2 REB
    A Harrington = 19.8 PTS .. 1.6 AST .. 6.5 REB

Out of those You could rule out J Terry becuase nobody won it twice IN A ROW and Maggette .. I think if we improve our record and landry keeps the consistensy and we spin heads landry has a very good chance .. I say 15% to 35% ..

2. mortorano927

mortorano927 Member

jamal crawford

3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

What's the point of this post? You think it will be Jamal Crawford? It's a possibility, but his numbers aren't really that much better than Landry's, if at all.

I should also note that, shockingly, Landry is the #2 fourth quarter scorer in the NBA, right behind Dwyane Wade. ESPN had a nice graphic about it in a recently televised game. Landry is officially Houston's closer.

4. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

He plays more minutes and shoots a lower percentage for both fgs and fts. Not to mention Landry is becoming our go to guy down the stretch.

5. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

^ Wow at the post above mine, did not know Landry was only behind Wade in 4th qtr points.

6. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

no one of those guys competing with landry for that spot does as much for their team as he does.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Landry has been so dominant it almost surprises me how quickly he has become this consistently good.

I used to think it would be nice to have a Paul Millsap or Jason Maxiell sitting on our bench ready to shine, but Carl has exceeded my expectations and has proved to be one of the better players in this league.

Jamal Crawford is the favorite right now I would think, the storyline of him finally making the playoffs since he is right now the longest tenured NBA player to have never played a playoff game has garnered a lot of media interest, so based on that and the numbers he is putting up I think it is safe to say he is the front-runner.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

remember the days we hated our powerforwards, so funny

9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

The thing that makes him so good is his offensive rebounding and the frequency he's getting to the FT line. We're not even talking about plays where he's the first option. He get's buckets on his misses and other peoples misses, he's owned the paint on more than one occation.

10. plates300

plates300 Member

yup...hes averaging about 7.4 pts in the 4th quarter and dwade is averaging 7.6 or so I think.

11. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Crawford will win it.

Landry, who??????

That's one of the reason..

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Lot of games left in the season. Granted it works both ways, but we cant assume anything at this point. Landry is certainly deserving to be in the conversation for 6th Man.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thank goodness those days are gone.

I think on today's Rockets, the PF position is the least-hated. :cool:

14. redao

redao Member

shocking........... if considering that Landry was not even our 1st or 2nd option.

Landry also got a lot rebounds in the 4th quarter. someone please check the stats

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

And people were saying he wasn't our closer in the "Closer by commitee" thread.

Proves them wrong, eh. ;)

Landry for MVP!

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This doesn't include the Cleveland game ...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=178269

17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Depends on the team record, i think Crawford will win it purely because he plays for Atlanta.

Landry deserves it, it is harder for bigs to come off the bench and have the impact that Landry does.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Remember when Morey drafted Landry and Brookes? I was listening to the draft on my truck radio as I was driving down I-35... I almost drove off the road as I cussed the radio for those two draft picks. When I stopped to a place where I could log onto clutchfans the whole board was pissed. We were so wrong about that one.

Landry has far exceeded what most of us ever thought he could be. Morey is a stinking genius!

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This place was in a hissy fit because we passed on the likes of Glenn Davis, Tiago Splitter and Nick Fazekas to draft "another" point guard and then trade back up and take this "nobody" Carl Landry.

I remember liking the Brooks pick because I had seen him play and I thought he was pretty special, but the Landry pick was puzzling at the time, NOBODY thought he would amount to anything. I remember us making fun of him in preseason joking about getting his jersey.

My how things change.

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The NBA hates Carl.