1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady MRI Results

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Nov 23, 2009.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Heh heh - yeah - right on man.

It's not like we're 6th in the West having had the hardest schedule in the NBA or anything.

Heh heh heh.

You really showed everyone.

2. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

finally a doctors opinion, lol

:grin:

3. ryl

ryl Member

He could have had regeneration of his cartilage by September. However he probably needed to rehab and strengthening his muscles with half a year of inactivity.

His activity since September could have deteriorated his cartilage. Since there has been no changes from the September to the November MRIs, it could be a sign that activity has not damaged his newly formed cartilage.

His cartilage might've been healthy in September, but he wasn't ready to engage in physical activity yet.

Remember the problem is not only to reduce pain (which is the point of the surgery), but also trying to regain the strength, flexibility, and range of motion that T-Mac used to have, which is the point of the rehab.

He might think he's ready to play b/c he feels less pain than before, but maybe the coach sees a difference in his performance.

Anyway, who knows... we don't have his patient records cause of HIPAA regulations, and we can only speculate.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And T-Mac will totally lead us to the championship, dude.

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

8-6 is .500?

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Good points.

7. SA05

SA05 Member

T-Mac will play this week perhaps according to his website:

Update on Return
    Hey everyone

I want to keep everyone posted on what’s happening, so here it goes. It’s looking as if I may be back on the court this week. I know there were reports going around that there were issues with me and the coach but there isn’t. Together, we are looking at the best scenario on when my return should be, and we are hopeful it will be this week. The team is playing great together and getting me back out there is a decision my coach, doctors and general manager will help make.

I saw this morning there were reports that I was out of practice yesterday because of a sore back. The truth is that we didn’t even have practice yesterday. Now, I know how rumors get started so I need to put this one to rest. I slipped the other day in Atlanta at the game and landed on my tail bone. If any of you have ever done that, then you know it’s no big deal, but just is sore. We all know how “T-Mac out because of back” can get interpreted the wrong way, so I thought I would explain before that train spun out of control.

All is good here and again, I appreciate your support, love and continued encouragement. Hopefully, you will see me back on the court playing this week.

Mac

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope, and we aren't with Tmac either, so what do you do, play the guys that will be here next year, or the one that is here this year?

DD

9. Ketchup&Mustard

Thank god, a voice of reason. After all his empty promises, whining, 20 foot bricks, and first round playoff exits I think this is exactly what we should do. Not to be vengeful, but because it is the best thing for the development of our young players and their chemistry

10. Ketchup&Mustard

Another voice of reason, keep em' coming (people with intelligence and insight only please).

11. Ketchup&Mustard

Please God no. HELLO stagnate offense, GOODBYE team chemistry.

12. Little O

Little O Contributing Member

This is just a minor correction, but one that carries a different set of implications regarding the coaching staff.

It looks like this quote was not from Elston Turner after all. It was actually from Trevor Ariza. Feigen made a correction.

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2009/11/tracy_mcgrady_asked_we_answere.html

Not that it matters, but after listening to the whole interview, with Turner. I didn't hear anything that sounded like he would be back to old TMac in the whole snippet. Turner seemed to say that he looked good some times, and some times he didn't. And that he still needed to get back in game shape before he would see a game. And that chemistry was important for the team.

But I guess Trevor Ariza said it so it is still positive.

1 person likes this.