1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

82-81 ROCKETS WIN!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rezdawg, Jul 10, 2002.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

We need Tito to have the same attitude.

0 dimes
    3 TO

What the heck? Hopefully next game he will be more comfortable and relaxed. I expect better production out of him.

2. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Read my sig

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you see the Grizzlie's roster? They have absolutely NO ONE else to put the ball in the basket. They don't have any of teir big rookies from last season player (no Gasol, no Battier). I am surprised Gooden didn't take more shots.

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I thought Pete Mickeal was on the team, where is he, why didn't he play in the game? Thanks for the update guys!

5. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

BTW, Eddie Griffin was wearing #41.

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

and...

Eddie Griffin: 23

7. Stevie Francis

It really sucks that these games are not televised, i think espn should broadcast all or the summer league games.

I don't think OT will make the team, the nba is all about consistancy. Not 1 out of 5 games i play good.

I liked the way the said Griff took over in the game, that means he can put less pressure on our star players during the season when we have to score, and cat and wink are not feeling it.

Griff will start with in 10 games watch. KT is gone, if mo t can show he wasn't affected by his injury. But if Mo t sucks He's gone. But he worked too hard to quit now so i think he will stay. Anyway KT is gone because he isn't one of steve and cuttions Homies.:D

8. Lobo

Lobo Contributing Member

I know this is all covered in other threads, but like it or not, if MoT sucks he's going nowhere. The rest of the league didn't just fall of a turnip truck, and nobody will want to eat his contract...:(

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I know its the first summer game but.....EG is a bada$$ and goodbye Oscar

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Very good deduction Watson. :)

That's pretty much what happened. Griffin has about 2 inches on Gooden and his long arms gave Gooden fits on anything inside. Gooden was forced to pass the ball out on a number of occasions simply because he wasn't going to go over Eddie. Eddie's 2 blocks seems a bit off. He seemed to have more than 2 blocks in that game. He definitely had a bunch of plays where he either altered the shot or forced a pass.

11. Panda

Panda Member

Thanks a lot. It was my pleasure to read.

Eddie the Shot Editor. :cool:

12. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

That's why we trade all our 3 draft to no.3 Eddie, because he is young and talented, as for OT he will come around. Give him a chance to proved himself!!

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Damn! Eddie is gonna rock!

14. lachalupa

lachalupa Contributing Member

Hello and howdy. I'm a long time lurker/fan. This is truly a fantastic site--thanks to all. Anyway, I happened to be in LA on Wed and caught the game. You're absolutely right Dr.--Eddie had way more than 2 blocks. I don't know where that number came from but i would say he easily had 5 or 6 and changed a few more. He was still relying on his outside game quite a bit, he showed a few post moves over Gooden, but mostly he seemed content to stroke the outside shot (which he was indeed stroking). I was really impressed with his rebounding and shot blocking though. It was just a different team with him in there. Brown had a pretty good game, although I kept wishing he would dish it off more. He really seemed to have a SG mentality out there, which at times we needed, but it just never felt like we had a true PG runnning the team. I was really, really pulling for Tito out there, and he showed a few flashes of potential, but mostly he just looked lost. He just really seemed unsure of himself and kept looking over at the bench anytime anything went wrong, which I guess is somewhat understandable if the guy hasn't played real competitive ball in year or so. But I don't know, he definitely seems like a project to me. Dr. of Dunk really gave a great recap, not too much else to add, except that I was also impressed with Amhed Ishmail (SP? He wasn't listed in the program). He did have some turnovers but he seemed pretty athletic for a big guy and seemed to have a pretty soft stroke from the outside. He hit a three I believe and a couple of other midrange jumpers. Anyway, I really had no idea who he was, but he definitely gave us a little punch from the outside in the first half when we needed it. Morris played a solid, quiet game. I was wanting him to assert himself a bit more offensively at times, but I just don't know if that's in him. A nice all around game though.

Gooden looks smooth as butter offensively. Real smooth. Great shot. Great lowpost moves. Explosive around the basket. Defensively he was not near the presence that Eddie was, though. Eddie by far had a much more complete game.