1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 105] Couture vs. Vera

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by farrisdabis, Nov 14, 2009.

1. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Free on SpikeTV tonight.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vi9JSysSqIs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vi9JSysSqIs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Who you guys got?

I got Couture by UD, Hardy by TKO round 2, Bisping UD.

Couture grinds out a decision with his superior wrestling. Hardy is going to shock some people and I'm feeling a TKO that starts with a huge left hook in the 2nd. Bisping bounces back and get's the UD.

This is a pretty decent card for free TV.

2. x3ldonx

x3ldonx Member

I hope couture gets his ass beat, I am sick of that dude. He was beat by Noguiera, he needs to seriously retire. Vera will beat him.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Cool, didnt know it was going to be on Spike. I want Couture to win, but I also want him to retire. I wonder why they picked Vera, it's going to be a 15 minute long hug.

4. Asian Sensation

This is a heavyweight fight correct? If so Couture is in big trouble. I think Vera is gonna knock out Couture. Probably via a nasty head kick.

5. sew

sew Member

It's a middle weight fight. Coture was simply to small for HW.

6. sew

sew Member

light heavy weight, my bad.

7. x3ldonx

x3ldonx Member

The Fight was rigged,
    couture gets the win. Bull$h!t

8. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

On the main event...
    It wasn't as outrageous as the Shogun/Machida decision, but that decision should have gone to Vera. It was really, really close but I think the damage Vera did should have been taken into more consideration than the control Randy employed. It also seemed like on the feet Randy couldn't hang with Vera AT ALL. Maybe it's his age finally showing up because he was getting tagged with hard body kicks.

On Hardy/Swick...
    Awesome performance by Hardy although I wish he would have been more aggressive and looked to finish Swick when he hurt him those few times. Hardy is probably my favorite fighter and although he will probably get smashed by GSP, maybe he can pull a Serra with his powerful striking.

On Kang/Bisping...
    Bisping bounced back but I think it was more due to Kang literally just giving up.

9. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i take it this event was taped? :confused:

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Gotta give it to Dana for still putting on a card up against the Mega Boxing Fight tonight.

11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

It was live in England which was 2pm our time, it will be shown here this evening even though yes, it happened earlier today because of the 6 hour time difference.