1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Ryan Moats be the starting RB?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Artesticles, Nov 1, 2009.

?

Who should be the starting RB?

1. Ryan Moats

106 vote(s)
    67.1%
  2. Steve Slaton

52 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. Precision340

Precision340 Member

After seeing Moats run I don't think it's an OL issue at all.. Moats seems like he's able to get a couple more yards per carry than Slaton... and most importantly he doesn't fumble as much!!

2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Well the last time Moats came in and performed well, it lit a fire under Slaton and he had a breakout performance for the season. Maybe this will have the same effect. So I think Slaton should start but be on a very short leash. Either that or use them both, like Dallas or NO.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Didn't Slaton bulk up in the offseason so that he could last all season as an every down back? Kind of ironic that he did all that but he might not last all season.

Those legs of his don't have that burst like last season.

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

A couple of fumbles is one thing, 8 is a trend you can't ignore. People will be salivating to strip Slaton like hungry pirahna's making his fumblitis self perpetuating.

Got to sit and maybe come in for specific passing plays.

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

It was definitely was in part an OL issue earlier in the season, but I think White, Studdard and Caldwell have been able to pick up the slack that Myers had issues with coming back from his injury back in the preseason. Unfortunately, the damage to Slaton's mindset and his rep as solid ball carrier appears to have been done.

6. Bigdaddy210121

Moats is a journey man...he still needs to have more then 1 good game before I'm starting him....that being said I split the running time 50-50 with Mr. Fumble, Slaton and see wins...

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yea but remember C. Benson was a journey man not that long ago...Granted his case was an anomoly. If Moats can milk his situation, more power to him and us as fans...

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Moats looks to be way more effective than Chris Brown, even in short yardage/goal line situations. He looked better than Slaton last week but that may be cause he caught the Bills off guard, as he rarely gets carries.

I'd say try Moats as the back up and sometimes even on the field together, I'm sure that could turn into a Mike Bell, Pierre Thomas type backfield the way its set up with the Saints in NO.

Also if you see most successful teams have had 2 good - great backs; Turner & LT in SD, Jacobs & Bradshaw in NY, Jones & Washington in NYJ. This could become very beneficial to the Houston offensive attack, if used correctly.