1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 103, Rockets 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Mr. Space City

well to be fair. no 5 point lead is safe with a player like kobe on the floor.

when kobe was out we were straight outscoring them so PJ HAD to put kobe back in.

i think in the stretch we will be alright in the clutch because not every team has a closer like kobe :)

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

When the lakers play against the rockets, yes, he is a lakers fan.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

anyone see what kobe was doing differently on his post up? I think it's obvious he picked something up from Dream, not sure if it's anything specific though..

4. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Yeah, we do live and die by the three point line. If losing by a point in OT to the defending champs without one of our best 3pt shooters (CBud), I guess I'll have to take it.

5. kwng

kwng Member

Good game. I believed we'll nail them next time. Congrats to Hayes for being the top performer at ESPN for the first time I believed. Hayes has impressed me
    very much.

6. HouRKFan

HouRKFan Member

Some of you fans piss me off that say terrible game by the Rockets. Give me a f**k*ng break. These guys played their hearts out, and nobody expected us to start the season out the way we did. We lost by 1 point to the defending world champs. The heart and hustle they showed tonight is why i love the Rockets and always will!!!!!! Who agrees?

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True, but still...we didn't have Yao or T-mac.

:)

8. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Too many turnovers was their downfall as they pretty much played them even everywhere else. A very a fun game to see in person.

More observations I noticed at the game:

I was surprised Ron Artest got booed every time he held the ball or shot. They booed him louder than Kobe at introduction.

I was very glad Ariza matched Artest's 3 pointer at the end of regulation. There was some dialogue between the two during a stoppage of play and one of the refs over-reacted and warned them to shut it.

There is no love lost between McGrady and Artest. McGrady didn't even flinch or gesture back when Artest went to say hello to the coaching staff and Artest put out his hand to touch his knee.

There is a new video out on Chuck, Landry, and Scola playing a drawing charades game. Sooo funny ... I hope they release it so the GARM can enjoy it.

9. Fiah

Fiah Member

QFT..

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Or Budinger !

DD

11. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Few thoughts...

Wish CBud played in this game, seems like we were one CBud "3" away from victory. Perhaps pull away by 5, who knows.

Glad Ron Artest's shot was not the game winner and it was Bynum's 1 free throw. I'm sure he would've loved that. Too bad soo sad Ron and your "time out" worked because Ariza made a 3 after the jump ball and took it to overtime.

Questionable calls by the refs no doubt. Sure we had a few calls but it just seemed that calls favored to the Lakers came at such a crucial time for them time and time again.

Despite being a loss, this team fought hard till the end. Chuck Hayes was definately player of the game and our Boxscore looks amazing! Almost 7 players in double figures and pretty even scoring. A small front line? Sure! But we out boarded the lakeshow 54 - 48. Great effort!

My heart was pounding till the last second of this game. Dissapointed? initially I was. What real Rockets fan would'nt be? But this wasn't a pretty game for us and the boys didn't throw in the towel until the last second of overtime. Something I haven't seen from the Rockets in recent years.

Great job and looking foward to a long fun season!

12. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Play Landry more in the 4th instead of Scola and we win that

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously - his 3 pt shooting could have been the difference maker.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He was 5 of 21. Do you honestly believe there's a better chance the other rockets would have shot worse if they took half of those shots instead?

And Lowry, shane and cook??? How about BROOKS, SCOLA, AND LANDRY. I thinkt hey were there too, i'm pretty sure since Scola nad Landry shot the best tonight, and well chuck.

the issue wasn't so much how many shots he took, but how he forced them. Many of them did not need to be rushed, he just got himself in bad positions or jumped without knowing what he was going to do.

15. illwil29

illwil29 Member

Say what you want, but if we had Tracy we would have got a shot at least. I hate when we lose on a turnover that means we put in all that work to give them the game in the end. Somebody misses the shot I can live with that. No shot I can t stand it. By the way ariza is a great gamble d guy. Meaning passing lanes steals. Lamar odoms post up game would have been garbage if we still had artest. And we are really missing von wafer as well.

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I really feel like Ariza's being asked to do things he can't really do. If he would just play within himself the team would be a lot better off.

17. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

today we died by the three

18. summitts20

summitts20 Member

Where can I find the post-game interviews?

19. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Like I said Who else was suppose to shoot? If AB is trapped, Landry on the bench and Scola dealing with Lakers interior defense.

He forced them and he is going to learn, just like AB dealing with the Trap. Ariza is our leading scorer on this team, if Ric isn't asking him to shoot than he won't be our leading scorer on this team.

I trust whatever Ric is doing, the Brian Cook made me scratch my head because he could of went with DA who can't be worse than Cook.

1 person likes this.
  20. cujo

cujo Member

Did everyone expect these Rockets to win every game? They had a rough shooting night, but still played their hearts out and only lost by 1 point. It could have gone either way. This team is showing me they for real.