1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 111, Blazers 107

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Two put back/tip ins and two layups.

2. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Wow, this was a great win. But, uh ... where did all the Ariza haters go? You know, the ones who declared him a mistake and a disaster and a horrible move by the Rockets after seeing him struggle in one or two preseason games. They seem to have disappeared.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

4. VBG

VBG Member

I liked that small line up. It stretched the floor well.

5. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

What a fantastic game by rockets. keep up the good work, rockets

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

didnt hayes have a driving lay up?? I think it was him, i remember thinking it was Landry because he moved too quick, but i thought i saw "Hayes" on his back.....if it was chuck it deserves to be youtubed!

7. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

can someone post a youtube vid of AB's crossover/jumper on blake?? i saw the highlight on nba.com

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

He did, it was right in front of me. I kinda freaked out and was all " Was that really Chuck? WTF?"

9. tobepg

tobepg Member

lol, you're so perceptive, already some of we chinese fans plan to vote for Brooks. :cool:

10. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

We are still good to win more games, Rox go, well done

11. kwng

kwng Member

An uexpected win but it's a good win. We need it. Battier and Scola shot were off tonight but Hayes was a surprised in making his shots.

12. tobepg

tobepg Member

hmmm....So you're Chinese? Sina or like media, once quoted your words and made up fabrications. that sucks...

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Finally got to finish watching the game (a late night) and man, while victory was sweet, those last few minutes were excruciating! :eek:

14. rangle.gege

rangle.gege Member

didn't watch the live match but the final result is great

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I noticed tonight that Ariza was on Roy while Battier played Rudy and Outlaw. Does anyone remember who was guarding who in game 1?

16. Landry92

Landry92 Member

What a win
    never ever thought ariza could put such a preformance ever in his nba carrer
    surprising alot of people ... His shooting touch has really improved.This guy was traded for brian Cook !! Ouch Otis Smith !!
    AB is just killin them haters out there
    Great great win
    Congrats everybody

OFFNOTE : I Hope this team doesnt forget thats its a defensive team .. not alot of defense played tonight

Suggestion : They should make a place for haters to dumb there **** at !!

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Couple of observations... seems Adelman has a lot of confidence in Budinger since he is on the court at the end of close games. This would seem to help build up Air Buds confidence through the season.

Also, wasn't Landry the target of Battier's horrible entry pass? At that point of the game was it too early to think FT shooting and getting the best FT shooters in the game? Seems David Anderson is our best big when it comes to FT shooting (at least until Yao returns, natch).

Last, finishing quarters continues to be a problem (Morey also tweeted this) and for a team with so much basketball IQ it is surprising we styruggle so much in this area. Perhaps Roy is such a money player the fact that we have played POR twice is exagerating this weakness but we also struggled against the braindead Warriors as well. Certainly having a reliable post up player like Yao (next year) will be the ultimate solution, but any thoughts on what they can do until then?

Great game last night... tough opponent in a really tough early stretch of games. The confidence boost from the last two games will pay dividends later in the season.

1 person likes this.
  18. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

didn't see game live but thrilled to see this win.
    Ariza must have played fantastic

19. lxt.tony

lxt.tony New Member

happy Halloween! good gift, nice mood!

20. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I have to emphasize one of them was driving layups.