1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 104] Machida vs. Shogun

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by farrisdabis, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Asian Sensation

You seriously think Rua would turn down another title shot?

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i think by "takes" he means winning the rematch.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I haven't seen one single score card from a reputable source that has Machida with a win. Machida was throwing some good shots when he took those leg kicks, but most of those shots were blocked by Shogun's arms. The only thing he was really hitting him good with was the knee, and he only landed a few of those in the first few rounds.

I pulled this from another site. It's a listing of several "reputable" score cards offline.

4. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Yeah, I should have said win the rematch.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't think machida won either, I think you could have scored all the rounds for shogun. I just think it was close and shogun did not dominate so at least it is possible to make a case for machida. I would have more outrage if shogun could have scored a knockdown, takedown, heck even a few combinations.

6. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

What are you guys talking about Shogun didn't dominate? If you win four of five rounds and it wasn't close, you dominated. Even giving the third to Machida is being generous because of a last minute flurry where he hit Shogun as many times as Shogun hit him.

Also these supposed hits that Lyoto was landing, just look at the two after the fight. Lyoto - Bruised ribs, bruised leg, cuts all over his face. Shogun - Didn't even look winded.

There's really no way Lyoto was going to be embarassed, he's too good. The fight was very technical and Shogun DOMINATED it. It isn't even a question of who won.

7. Crudder

Crudder Member

Anyone looking at the fight metrics or even watched the fight fully saw that Shogun won that fight fair and square. You could even tell that Lyoto thought Shogun won it. This is one of the biggest injustices in decision-based sports I have ever seen.

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

hammel-bisping was worse imo

9. Crudder

Crudder Member

Definitely agree with you there but this was one of the bad ones as well. Outside of a handful of other matches, I haven't seen something where everyone agreed on the outcome but the decision went the other way.

10. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

yea, i think it would definitely help if the judges or someone came out and said specifically what is scored and whats worth what. i said earlier in the thread, maybe machida's take down defense helped him in the eyes of the judges, he did land punches as shogun leg kicked. i'm sure there will be a rematch soon enough

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

all machida did was that so called "defensive", "elusive", "evasive," backing away, runaway crap that he always does throughout the whole fight!!!! and shogun caught him twice in the face as he was attempting to back away from shogun's punches!!!!!

12. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

I'm a big Machida fan, but he did lose this one. Shogun managed all the power hits and he had Machida scouted very well. It was an entertaining fight, but I was expecting more from Machida.

13. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Agree completely. I think the next fight will be awesome and both will try to avoid a decision getting to the judges hands.

14. sew

sew Member

Machida's take.

"I was superior"

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/machida-i-was-superior-20576

15. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Man I really liked Machida, but now I hope Shogun knocks his dumb ass out.