1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are you STILL excited about the Rockets, sans Yao and TMac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LewLLOYD, Oct 10, 2009.

1. RyanB

RyanB Member

it's like that!!
    we wanna see our guys improving over this year, and why not make a surprise and shock the media and the world!
    and finally, we all are Roxfans so we'll be excited whatever happens to this team :cool:

2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I want to see some tough, physical, suffocating defence (a big question mark though, is when Hayes is out what will happen to the interior defence). Also excited about Lowry's growth. Is he a career backup? Is he a starter on a good team? I think this year will be a good indicator of what is his ceiling.

3. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Both yao and tmac are past there primes. there both on decline mode . i wanna see us rebuild around bosh and Joe Jhonson.

4. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Why? Because TSlack is a lazy jumpshooting I'll get mine no defense slacker and because Tofu is soft.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I'm excited to see who is going to step up, my bet is Scola and AB and to a lesser extent Ariza. Seeing Ariza these couple preseason games :rolleyes:

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

The teams not the same anymore without T-Mac and Yao......I'm sure everyone can't wait until they both come back and we are on the road to competing for a championship again...

now without them......its just the sarcrifice before the fruit...

7. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Are you kidding?
    Yao is 29 and Tracy is 30. Hakeem helped bring two championships to Houston in his 30s. I think Tracy and Yao are in their primes. If those two guys make a full recovery from their injuries barring any set-backs, they'll have plenty left in the tank. I believe Yao WILL help bring another championship to Houston when all is said and done.

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I am excited that we might get a high lottery pick in the next draft. We will finally get a chance to add another potential star player.

9. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

im excited about the Rockets sans Yao and Tmac because im a damn Rockets fan.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I like what Morey is doing, simple as that. Sure, Championship is out the window unless we do a major trade. That being said, it's really exciting to see what he puts together. More important, this excites me about next year as well.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We have the largest statistical analytics staff of any team in the NBA. They must be doing something in that area no one else is doing.

12. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

right. i just wonder about the details.
    i guess i imagine it as a much more detailed hustle board.

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm excited because there's really not a tremendous amount of pressure on these guys.

Every year for the past 3 or 4 years, the expectations going into the season was "this is it, we're finally going to get over that hump." And usually everyone just ended up disappointed (except for last year).

Now, there's really no expectations. These guys can go out there and just play basketball.

THAT'S what I'm excited about.

14. kwng

kwng Member

I hope to see Landry turns into a beast and Scola became the MVP of NBA (he was the MVP of FIBA).

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Because it's not the off season.

16. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i think this team is SO close to winning it all. Just like the old rocket teams in 91-93 - they just needed to learn to win together.

now yao has confidence and knows he can win in the playoffs. the whole teams confidence will bring tracy up with them.

if those two rockets play towards the end of the season and we sneak an 8th seed, watch out!

THIS TEAM FULLY HEALTHY GOES TOE TO TOE WITH ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE

17. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Um...because its Rockets' Basketball!!

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm excited because we'll finally be able to run Adelman's offense without TMac stopping the ball and having to spend so much time getting Yao the ball.

Plus, I'm excited to see what we can get back in return for TMac when he finally comes back. Maybe with a nice return on trading TMac, a little luck in the lottery, some great experience for our young players, and a healthy Yao next year we'll be able to retool quickly for a Finals run.

19. 1individual

1individual Member

If this is Tracy's last season, it would be exciting to see how he plays. I think he should sign a smaller contract with a contender and play off the bench or something. Maybe in Cleveland, Portland, or Boston.

20. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I'm excited because there are so many good, young, improving players on this team that someone is bound to break out and take it to the next level. And won't that be fun to watch. How many teams have this many young players who are on the cusp? Not many. With most teams in the league, what you see is more or less what you get. You have a pretty good idea of what to expect of most of their players. Not so with the Rockets. People here like to complain that with Yao and T-Mac sidelined, the Rockets don't have any stars. But the great thing about this team is that there are players who could become stars, or at least something close, and we get to watch it happen.