1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 10/6/2009 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 6, 2009.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Are you projecting these guys' careers and or impact this season over one preseason game?

Lowry looked great to me as did Landry.

Anderson looked like he was tired but like Bullard said, it takes time to adjust to the speed of the NBA.

Taylor looked ok, certainly not as good as Blair, but I have no idea who will turn out better at this point.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We were plus 21 with him out there. 70% from the field which led to 19 pts. Plus, he added 7 boards and 2 blocked shots.

What more do you want the man to do ? :confused:

3. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Typical Lowry. Was a +17 on the court, led the team in total rebounds, def rebounds, assists, steals, and even blocked a shot. After one game, Lowry is my starter over Brooks.

I can't believe how much people here are slobbering over DeJuan Blair. Can we give him the Kelvin Cato contract already?

Budinger is going to LOVE T-Mac from all the open looks he'll give Chase.

4. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Did Lowry lose wait? it looked like he did but he's lookin good. Chase looks very comfortable on offense and his stroke is just really smooth.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He was playing against trash. I want him to be able to play defense. He can't. I said he looked good offensively.

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I am impressed. Our offense looked really well and we were finally able to run no matter what.

And as for Chase, the guys is NOT MISSING. Unbelivable.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The 2 blocks and 1 steal he got in 25 minutes beg to differ sir.

8. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

9. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Didn't work for me... but then, the replay was probably over by the time I checked...

10. Stevie Wonder

Stevie Wonder Member

I have to agree about Blair. In my opinion, Blair's numbers tonight had a lot more to do with the lack of a Rockets interior presence than Blair being some great player. Blair certainly has some skill, but he was abusing David Anderson. Anderson has no athletiscm, hops or any rebounding instinct whatsoever. The Rockets are just flat undersized on the interior.

Blair's not going to do that against every team.

11. worzel gummidge

Blair abusing Chuck Hayes.

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=&videoId=games/spurs/2009/10/06/0010900015_hou_sas_recap.nba" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=&videoId=games/spurs/2009/10/06/0010900015_hou_sas_recap.nba" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

12. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

13. kwng

kwng Member

Great win! I was excited when I saw the result and thought our "new" team brought down the mighty Spurs at their home court until I saw who didn't play for the Spurs tonight. Why in the world Spurs did not field their first team?

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

2 blocks,1 steal and 7 rebounds in bench minutes means he can't play defense?

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Apparently, Scola can play defense and Landry couldn't do anything defensively. :rolleyes:

Scola had 2 rebounds, no steals, no blocked shots and gets a B for being better defensively than Landry, who gets a C.

16. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

channel 678

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - whatever, you have been wanting Lowry in there forever......

DD

18. mazinger

mazinger Member

Lowry is easily a better point guard that Books. He might not bas as good of a scorer but he plays the point better. Just look at the 3rd quarter when the Rockets lost their big lead. Who ran the point out of that timeout and right away got our lead back up to 8 points? Lowry. He makes smarter decisions, better passer, sees the court better and turns the ball over much less. Brooks would be a better starter at point right now since we don't really have a number 1 option but when Yao and Tracy are on the court, there is no doubt that Lowry should berunning the team.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lowry is a great backup to Brooks, and will stay that way......

He does some things better, like passing etc....but the role of traditional PG is not what the Rockets need......and in the NBA today, scoring PG is more prevelant, and that is what Brooks is....I know it bugs people that want an old school PG running the show.

I like Lowry too, but Brooks explosive scoring and speed make him the better choice to start, not to mention....IF....Tmac comes back...Brooks can also play the undersized SG.

Flexibility is king !

DD

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That I tend to agree with.