1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigan: T-mac report

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by just_lurking, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Omer

Omer Member

Good news, let's hope we hear more and more as the season nears.

2. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Baby steps. The team is getting there. :)

3. MandM's

MandM's Member

No Yao this year no way.

his problem is bone breaking. the same bone.

maybe tmac at some point and that is great. but no yao

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a great post. I agree completely. you, sir, have been repped.

5. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Why are there no videos of Tracy McGrady's defense?

6. gotsis

gotsis Member

the comments of where is the video of him passing were kind of funny after the 100th time, sorry i think you forced the joke :cool:

anyway... great news t-mac certainly is the x factor, if heathly he could be the diffrence between being a feisty lottery team to become a playoff team.

7. right1

right1 Member

I'll bet a dollar the first time he has a bad game or gets schooled, he starts limping and favoring his knee.

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I hope for the best for the Rockets, even with McGrady on the team.

It's good to hear that he's making progress. We've all wanted that for awhile. Well, most of us have.

I'd like to see what he has left in the tank before shipping him off for nothing.

9. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

23 million contract to match + huge injury risk. Most ideal situation for the Rockets (and probably what GMs are waiting for) is if McGrady could still be useful by the trade deadline.

10. Raven

Raven Member

Of course. Tracy's real value is his expiring contract. I don't think his so called desire to "prove everyone wrong" is going to fool anyone. Any team that trades for him is essentially acquiring a hired gun.

My prediction isn't going to change, Tracy for expiring contracts + future pick.

11. worzel gummidge

He's coming off microfracture. If a team is precautious. Sits him for the first month. They're saving millions.

If they want to save over $18 million sit him all season. What can he do about it? What could Tinsley do about it?

12. HoustonRockets

T-Mac will be back as a Houston Rocket :D

13. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Both of those guys get paid no matter what. NBA contracts are guaranteed whether it's injury, retirement, asked to stay home, whatever.

You can get injury exceptions that can cover costs (on a whole year basis I believe) but not if a guy is healthy enough to play. The league is usually pretty stingy with those.

14. worzel gummidge

If T-Mac doesn't play, whichever teams has him on their roster, get back 80% of his salary from an insurance company.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Expect more articles about his dedication to training etc, maybe even an apology for how he handled the surgery decision.

It is time for the team to start repairing his PR image.....they heard the boos in the playoffs......

DD

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

DD, I just hope he's not a distraction anymore. Really wish he would keep his mouth shut and just play. The excuses become very annoying and I don't want to go through what we went through last year. He has a chance to make this thing right and I hope he takes advantage of it.

17. tone-weezy

tone-weezy Member

I dont think thats how the insurance policy works. The day he's declared fit the play by doctors is the day insurance stops fronting the bill on his salary....whether a team actually plays him or not. And no team is gonna trade for a high profile player and intentionally sit him for insurance against said players' wishes....that'll be terrible for their rep around the league. Didn't Portland try to do something simular with Darius Miles?

I still think McGrady will get moved this summer. To be honest, I dont know why he'd wanna stay in houston. A fresh start would be the best thing for his career....he's not gonna get that here. And the Rockets themselves need to move from relying on an injury prone player who'll be 31 when he signs his next contract.

18. verse

verse Contributing Member

It may also be that he really IS dedicated to his rehab and training, could it not? I'm not sure that's such a stretch nor some PR grab by the organization. I've said it before and I'll say it again now: he's going to be back and going to play at a VERY high level. If he does that, and we win games, no one will care about his image because winning cures all.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Of course he would have to be dedicated to doing the rehab, or else the org would be crazy to say he was when he really wasn't.

Tmac killed his image last year....and hurt his standing with his teamates.

But that can be changed, with dedication, and desire......he has enough talent....

I think the organization needs to help him some....because PR wise, Tmac is horrible.

DD

20. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Tmac will not miss that many of the games and you can't force him to. The union wouldn't allow it. The comparison to tinsley is invalid; he got paid by the team but was sent home as a cancer. Insurance doesn't cover dnp ballhoggery.