1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Girlfriend Doesn't Realize Boyfriend is on Vacation in Europe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by airbulllard, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

WOW. That was like watching a trainwreck (but funny)

Wow...

+1 for linking that

2. VanityHalfBlack

Why go all the way across the globe to do that? Can't you turn your gadgets off when at home? If I was on a trip to anywhere, the first thing I'm doing is blogging it on facebook so everyone will know where I'm at.. I ain't hiding from no one!!!

3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

He went backpacking in Europe. When you're doing that, you don't exactly have Internet cafes to stop around at.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

There are plenty of Internet cafes in Europe. Backpacking across Europe doesn't mean backpacking through the wilderness where no technology is present. The kid seems shady to me for not checking his email for two weeks.

5. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I detect sarcasm.

You were joking, right?

6. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

It's EUROPE, not Antarctica. The internet is all over the place. You don't even need to go to a cafe: most decent hotels and hostels have an internet terminal for guests. If you go to Europe and don't talk to your girl for two weeks straight, it's because you didn't want to talk to your girl for two weeks straight. If so, that's fine, but don't expect her to be cool with it.

Having said that, this particular girl was bat-$#!t crazy.

7. astros148

astros148 Member

when i went to europe for 3 weeks in june i didnt check my emails. theres ppl out there who arent obsessed with checking there emails while on vacation. seems like theres a bunch of nerds in this thread.

8. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Doubt it.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Or, maybe I'm concerned about current events back home and don't want to be caught by surprise.

10. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

When I'm on a Vacation I never check my e-mail. even if i'm gone a month. I do not care about the netherlands when I'm on vacation. And the only thing that can happen from checking my e-mail is that someone from work send me an e-mail with a problem which I cannot solve before I get back, so then I start thinking about work on my vacation. And I do not like that. One of the great things about vacation is to be away from that all.

However if my girlfriend isn't coming with me than I do check it every now and then to keep in touch with her, and I text her.

If this is true or not: it is really funny.

11. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I'm in Europe right now, checking the internets.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

lol. That was like the ultimate FML. :D

13. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

I think that it was entertaining, but BS. The natural reaction for someone that can't reach their sig other for days is to assume that they died or were kidnapped or something horrible like that. She never mentioned going to his house and seeing it locked or his car there or anything like that.

If my GF disappeared I would freak out and assume that something horrible happened because that would make more sense than them just completely ignoring me even if they might want to break up.

If she was that crazy, she would have gone stalker and hung out where he lives.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just because she didn't email it. . .doesn't mean it didn't happen

Rocket River
    . . . when crazy happens. . you are never really prepared.

15. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

I resent that :)

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Keep in mind, at one point she called and talked to one of his friends and thought, for some reason, that she could hear her boyfriend talking and laughing in the background. So she was probably convinced that nothing bad had happened.

It cracks me up that people are picking on the "didn't check email for 2 weeks" detail to disprove this story instead of the "told his girlfriend several times that he would be leaving the country for two weeks and even called her on the day he left to say goodbye and somehow none of that sunk into her brain" detail. I mean, he states at the end that the problem with dating a passionate woman is that they love you hard, and they hate you hard. If she was really all that passionate about them, don't you think she would have noticed when he mentioned that he would be spending 2 weeks away from her?

17. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

I love the idea of the people who thinks it's "shady" because he didn't have his phone on or check emails while he was there. Because someone doesn't do what YOU would do...it's "shady".

Well - I went on a two week trip to Europe when I was in college. But this was early summer 1994 and there was so such thing as an internet cafe and whatever cell phone technology there was, I wasn't a part of it.

I like the "to not be surprised by current events" thing. That's even better. Ya know, there are newspapers in Europe too. If someone goes to war, or there's a stock market collapse, whatever - you think people in Europe during the times before widespread internet access and cell phone usage just strolled merrily along in their lives oblivious to the horror around them? No. They knew. Maybe not instantaneously. But the next morning.

What happened when I was in Europe?

Well, this time period is notable because it was the exact same week(ish) that we were playing Phoenix and came back from the 2-0 hole to win the series. The original Clutch City series. I remember this specifically because there was a Suns fan on the trip with us and he was talking trash for the first part of the trip, then at the end - not so much.

No internet.

No cell phones.

And we could follow the series.

Because even though yes, it was limited - there was still a sports section in the local papers. And yes, it was mostly about soccer. But there was a small NBA corner with the playoff brackets and the scores from games that had ended as of press time.

Also, even the smaller hotels and homes we stayed in (in some towns we stayed with locals in their homes) - they had cable, even then. And yes, CNN International at LEAST. Nowadays even moreso I imagine, there's news channels out the A$$.

Most of my life I didn't have a cell phone or the internet and I managed to keep up with the world. Is it SO hard to believe that someone could go to Europe without either and not expect his girlfriend to flip out?

Geez. She's a psycho. End of story. As someone else said (or should've said). Call his mom and ASK. Go by his house. Call his job. Ask a friend.

ACT NORMAL..

She's not just a drama queen. She's not JUST passionate, as he says in the video.

She's an IDIOT.

Of course, it could be fake. :)

But if it's real - and you think HE'S shady?

Dude, WTF?

The chick's a freak times ten.

18. VanityHalfBlack

both these idiots should die in a forest fire...

19. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Doh! I was trying to remember who started that thread and was wondering if you'd see this comment. lol... in the end I decided to post anyway. Douche! :)

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

True or not, that was kind of funny.

I tell you what, when I go on vacation, I go on VACATION. That means I don't even take my phone with me, much less my laptop. I don't check messages, I don't check emails, I don't even check Clutchfans! I don't care...I'm on VACATION.

I am always sure to tell everyone ahead of time that I will be totally out of the loop while gone, so don't even try to reach me.