1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve's DWI Trial Today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jun 24, 2002.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I can honestly say I have never ever driven a car after having one too many drinks. I get nervous if I had a drink at any time that day. The idea is not to be careful when you're drunk. The idea is, if you're drunk, stay off the damn road!

2. Darth West

Darth West Member

I wouldn't even dream about driving after drinking ...

3. lpbman

lpbman Member

Me

been toe up many times
    but have ALWAYS managed to get home w/out driving

called a few cabs, pissed some people off in the middle of the night
    but I've never killed anyone

4. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Does being intoxicated by vicodin not count as being intoxicated?

5. milo

milo Member

Here's what drinking and Vicodin does to you. Imagine the feeling of drinking a whole keg of beer but only drinking 3 to 6. You wake up without feeling hungover because you haven't drank that much and you have pain killers inside you already.

I also know that I would never be stupid enough to drive on alcohol and vicodin because you feel so freakin messed up.

Ps. There is a time and place for experimentation and its called college ; )

milo

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

It's one thing not to like Francis for his alleged comments about Ming, but come on, this is crossing the line!

7. red

red Contributing Member

"the reason people can't drive drunk is because they don't practise driving drunk."

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I can't stand drunk drivers. My pops is an alcoholic and I can tell you that I have had a fair share of close calls as a little kid when he was driving. I'm also a forgiving person. I'd rather that Steve take his medicine now and learn his lesson so that this never happens again. They should make him watch a couple of videos like blood on the pavement, amongst other things, for him to be reminded of what can happen. He probably needs a bigger warning label to remind him that he shouldn't be taking vicodin and drinking at the same time.

9. DCballer

DCballer Member

"the reason people can't drive drunk is because they don't practise driving drunk."

Too Funny....can't....stop....laughing. Need air!

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

oops crazy server dble post

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

but you have to admit that Achebe waited for a <i>green light</i> before he <i>crossed that line</i>.

I've got one for ya,

Asked what he thinks of the upcoming verdict, Francis said, "I have never been able to drive with a drug cocktail like that before, but it remains to be seen whether it will effect my fame."

12. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

LOL! Now that's comedy! ;-)

13. dTown333

dTown333 Member

I can testify from personal experience that Vicodin alone can really FUCC you up. When I got 2nd degree burns all over my body, they gave me that **** and I was fcked up stumbling and puking the whole night, and I'm an ex-prescription narcotics ABUSER. But if he was driving drunk at all (or as intoxicated as I was off just the Vicodin), he's pretty fcked up in my eyes.
    STEVE: do NOT drink and drive. Just go smoke some muhfuccin weed wit ya boy if you feel the need to get inebriated.